Discussion Board

Browser Contorl API - CBrCtlInterface::LoadUrlL crashes

Hello everyone!
    I use the Browser Control API in my application which consists of two views. One view (strictly speaking the container of the view) owns CBrCtlInterface* iBrCtlInterface as a member. When ConstructL() of the container is called i initialize it:
    iBrCtlInterface = CreateBrowserControlL(...);
    iBrCtlInterface->ActivateL();
    Due to some user input i want to load a page by calling:
    iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL();
    Now there are two possible panics that can occur.
    1. After my application resolves a link (MBrCtlLinkResolver::ResolveLinkL(const TDesC& aUrl,..)) I modify the incoming aUrl and want to call iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL() again using the modified url. The application panics with "HTTP Resource Lo -1".
    2. If I call iBrCtlInterface = CreateBrowserControlL(...); again before I call iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL() using the modified url, even if it is already initialized, the url is loaded correctly.
    BUT if there was a view switch before and the container is to be initialized for another time, which leads to a new intialization of iBrCtlInterface, the application panics with "WSERV 38" when calling iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL().

Anyone with the same or similar problems? Does someone know the reason for these panics?

Best regards,
    Bernie

Re: Browser Contorl API - CBrCtlInterface::LoadUrlL crashes

I know this is an old post but we were having the same WSERV 38 panic on certain devices - FP1 only we believe - whereas the same code ran fine on all other devices.

From the SDK Docs:

WSERV 38
    The client attempted to access a sprite after the sprite's window was destroyed. Note that pointer cursors are implemented as sprites.
    In the end we determined that the WSERV 38 panic was caused by specifying the ECapabilityCursorNavigation flag in CreateBrowserControlL. Without that flag, there is no longer a WSERV 38 panic the 2nd time we call CreateBrowserControlL.

So now we only specify that particular flag if we know at runtime that the device is not an S60 FP1 device.

Regular Contributor

Re: Browser Contorl API - CBrCtlInterface::LoadUrlL crashes

Quote Originally Posted by bfamler View Post
    Hello everyone!
    I use the Browser Control API in my application which consists of two views. One view (strictly speaking the container of the view) owns CBrCtlInterface* iBrCtlInterface as a member. When ConstructL() of the container is called i initialize it:
    iBrCtlInterface = CreateBrowserControlL(...);
    iBrCtlInterface->ActivateL();
    Due to some user input i want to load a page by calling:
    iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL();
    Now there are two possible panics that can occur.
    1. After my application resolves a link (MBrCtlLinkResolver::ResolveLinkL(const TDesC& aUrl,..)) I modify the incoming aUrl and want to call iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL() again using the modified url. The application panics with "HTTP Resource Lo -1".
    2. If I call iBrCtlInterface = CreateBrowserControlL(...); again before I call iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL() using the modified url, even if it is already initialized, the url is loaded correctly.
    BUT if there was a view switch before and the container is to be initialized for another time, which leads to a new intialization of iBrCtlInterface, the application panics with "WSERV 38" when calling iBrCtlInterface->LoadUrlL().

Anyone with the same or similar problems? Does someone know the reason for these panics?

Best regards,
    Bernie
    Have you solve that problem? i face the same problem about "HTTP Resource Lo -1".

give me some hint, thanks!