Discussion Board

Sending a Business Card from PC to Phone via SMS

I want to send a business card from my PC to my phone via e-mail. I have tried to send it in binary format as well as text format, but my phone always recognizes it as a text message and not a business card. My phone is a 3390 and my carrier is T-mobile (GSM here in Texas). I must be missing a step in the process as I am able to add business cards via the T-Mobile web interface. However, I would like to be able to construct an email to do this, as I can then set up a script to keep my phone numbers sync'ed with Outlook and my Palm. The 3390 has no interface (IR or serial) for syncing, so I was hoping I could do this via SMS. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help,
    Craig

Nokia Developer Expert

RE: Sending a Business Card from PC to Phone via SMS

Hello!

I don't know how your operator has implemented this email to SMS gateway, but it might not pe possible to send vCards using the gateway.

As there is no connectivity methods in 3390 there is no way to sync your phone with PC or PDA.

Teemu / Forum Nokia

RE: Sending a Business Card from PC to Phone via SMS

Thanks Teemu. I figured something was getting lost in the conversion from email to SMS. I will give T-Mobile a call and see how they are implementing this.

Craig