×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
  1. #1
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi ,
    I have downloaded the j2me polish and i am able to integrate to NetBeans but its giving me platform error like this when i build


    j2mepolish-init:
    j2mepolish:
    J2ME Polish 2.0 (2008-02-10) (GPL License)
    C:\Documents and Settings\home\Desktop\J2ME-Polish-Project\build.xml:87: Unable to find the preverify tool at the default location [C:\Documents and Settings\home\.netbeans\5.5\emulators\wtk251-win\bin\preverify.exe]. Please specify where to find it with the "preverify"-attribute of the <build> element (in the build.xml file) or specify the "wtk.home" property.
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 0 seconds)

    please can any one understand and explain me

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi Everybody ,
    I am able to use j2mePolish application now. I did not read the read me file till yesterday afternoon once i read it i knew how to run the sample application .
    Now my question using with blank application template in j2me polish we can build application in our own style write can any one give more brief description on this.
    Thanks in advance.

  3. #3
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi susarp


    You can write your own style by specifying it in a css file (it has to be named as polish.css) ; I put you some links you can use to understand better :

    http://www.j2mepolish.org/cms/leftse...on/design.html

    In the last one you can see some links about designing the interface.
    I will explain a bit the running of a GUI made with j2mepolish:

    you have to write a css file with the style of every component in your application, so then at your code, you can apply the styles by declaring for example an StringItem and declaring the proper style over its declaration as follows :

    //#style myStringItemStyle
    StringItem __si = new StringItem(...);

    and the style will be applied to this item

    you have to define the style in the file "polish.css":

    .myStringItemStyle {
    before: url(unselectedA.png);
    after: url(unselectedC.png);
    background: unselected;
    focused-style: .myStringItemStyleFocused;
    }

    .myStringItemStyleFocused{
    .....
    }

    the focused-style implies the event when the stringItem is selected at the screen, so at this case, I mean when the stringItem be selected, you have to define the visibility of it with the style : myStringItemStyleFocused.
    Before and after expresses the images you can use at the item, for more information about it, an about other characteristics like fonts and so, please go to www.j2mepolish.org, if you need some help about j2mepolish , feel free to ask me.

    BR

  4. #4
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfury View Post
    Hi susarp


    You can write your own style by specifying it in a css file (it has to be named as polish.css) ; I put you some links you can use to understand better :

    http://www.j2mepolish.org/cms/leftse...on/design.html

    In the last one you can see some links about designing the interface.
    I will explain a bit the running of a GUI made with j2mepolish:

    you have to write a css file with the style of every component in your application, so then at your code, you can apply the styles by declaring for example an StringItem and declaring the proper style over its declaration as follows :

    //#style myStringItemStyle
    StringItem __si = new StringItem(...);

    and the style will be applied to this item

    you have to define the style in the file "polish.css":

    .myStringItemStyle {
    before: url(unselectedA.png);
    after: url(unselectedC.png);
    background: unselected;
    focused-style: .myStringItemStyleFocused;
    }

    .myStringItemStyleFocused{
    .....
    }

    the focused-style implies the event when the stringItem is selected at the screen, so at this case, I mean when the stringItem be selected, you have to define the visibility of it with the style : myStringItemStyleFocused.
    Before and after expresses the images you can use at the item, for more information about it, an about other characteristics like fonts and so, please go to www.j2mepolish.org, if you need some help about j2mepolish , feel free to ask me.

    BR
    Thanks for your reply , i just have one more doubt i need to apply some skins to my application can you just expalin me how can i do that

  5. #5
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi susarp, and sorry me for being late

    You can apply Skins by applying the correct properties in the Css file Ive explained to you in the previous post.

    Im writting to you an skin so I hope you can understand better, youve to make it at the polish.css file :

    backgrounds{
    gradient2{
    type: gradient;
    top-color: lightPurple;/*darkBlue*/
    bottom-color: darkRed;/*lightBlue*/
    }
    gradient4{
    type:gradient;
    top-color: darkRed;
    bottom-color:white;
    }
    // define your own backgrounds or just
    // add as a background an image in the main form
    // you have to define the colors too, lightPurple, darkRed...and // so at the section colors
    }

    colors {

    darkRed: #FF0000;
    white: #FFFFFF;
    lightPurple: #DAB0C4;
    }

    .susarpForm{
    padding: 7;
    padding-top: 13;
    font-bitmap: fontButton;
    background:gradient4;
    border-width: 0;
    focused-style: .menuFocused;
    }
    .alfForm extends .susarpForm{
    background : gradient2;
    font-bitmap : fontButton2;

    }

    then you will need to create a Form in your Midlet and the declaration to use the proper skin would be like the next lines:

    ...
    //#style susarpForm
    Form __fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    ...

    or maybe associate events to write one form or other one, example :
    ...
    Form __fSusarpForm; // you are not creating rightnow
    if( OneEventOcurs == true){
    //#style susarpForm
    m_fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    }
    else{
    //#style alfForm
    m_fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    }
    ....

    so you can choose an skin according with an external event an you can apply it in the way you want.

    You can especify styles which inherits from the style you have created, for example :

    .menuSusarp extends .susarpForm{
    columns: 3;
    columns-width: 50, 50, 60;
    }

    The properties given at the susarpForm would be the properties of the menuSusarp, so you can make a lot of differents controls with different colors etc etc

    I recommend to you, to begin probing some j2mepolish basic examples to get along with it; sometimes its difficult to build a complete application if you are not familiarized with it, and I recommend to you dont use j2mepolish effects because they are just bad programmed, and they take a lot of memory to make almost an stupid stuff like move a window or an icon, I did my own library to deal with effects, in this way, j2mepolish is not a good solution if you want to work with these kind of effects.

    Hope it helps


    BR

  6. #6
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Thank you so mush for your help . As you said i am checking all the j2me polish projects and going through there code .But your are saying j2me is not a good solution ,without j2mepolish how can i use styles in j2me is there any other way ??. please let it me know bcz i am not finding this j2mepolish intresting . I am new to j2me so i just wanted to know more ways in j2me using which i can make my GUI and look and feel better.
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfury View Post
    Hi susarp, and sorry me for being late

    You can apply Skins by applying the correct properties in the Css file Ive explained to you in the previous post.

    Im writting to you an skin so I hope you can understand better, youve to make it at the polish.css file :

    backgrounds{
    gradient2{
    type: gradient;
    top-color: lightPurple;/*darkBlue*/
    bottom-color: darkRed;/*lightBlue*/
    }
    gradient4{
    type:gradient;
    top-color: darkRed;
    bottom-color:white;
    }
    // define your own backgrounds or just
    // add as a background an image in the main form
    // you have to define the colors too, lightPurple, darkRed...and // so at the section colors
    }

    colors {

    darkRed: #FF0000;
    white: #FFFFFF;
    lightPurple: #DAB0C4;
    }

    .susarpForm{
    padding: 7;
    padding-top: 13;
    font-bitmap: fontButton;
    background:gradient4;
    border-width: 0;
    focused-style: .menuFocused;
    }
    .alfForm extends .susarpForm{
    background : gradient2;
    font-bitmap : fontButton2;

    }

    then you will need to create a Form in your Midlet and the declaration to use the proper skin would be like the next lines:

    ...
    //#style susarpForm
    Form __fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    ...

    or maybe associate events to write one form or other one, example :
    ...
    Form __fSusarpForm; // you are not creating rightnow
    if( OneEventOcurs == true){
    //#style susarpForm
    m_fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    }
    else{
    //#style alfForm
    m_fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    }
    ....

    so you can choose an skin according with an external event an you can apply it in the way you want.

    You can especify styles which inherits from the style you have created, for example :

    .menuSusarp extends .susarpForm{
    columns: 3;
    columns-width: 50, 50, 60;
    }

    The properties given at the susarpForm would be the properties of the menuSusarp, so you can make a lot of differents controls with different colors etc etc

    I recommend to you, to begin probing some j2mepolish basic examples to get along with it; sometimes its difficult to build a complete application if you are not familiarized with it, and I recommend to you dont use j2mepolish effects because they are just bad programmed, and they take a lot of memory to make almost an stupid stuff like move a window or an icon, I did my own library to deal with effects, in this way, j2mepolish is not a good solution if you want to work with these kind of effects.

    Hope it helps


    BR

  7. #7
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    sorry i did not knew it was not a quote it was Report Abuse.Please forgive me . Thanks for your help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfury View Post
    Hi susarp, and sorry me for being late

    You can apply Skins by applying the correct properties in the Css file Ive explained to you in the previous post.

    Im writting to you an skin so I hope you can understand better, youve to make it at the polish.css file :

    backgrounds{
    gradient2{
    type: gradient;
    top-color: lightPurple;/*darkBlue*/
    bottom-color: darkRed;/*lightBlue*/
    }
    gradient4{
    type:gradient;
    top-color: darkRed;
    bottom-color:white;
    }
    // define your own backgrounds or just
    // add as a background an image in the main form
    // you have to define the colors too, lightPurple, darkRed...and // so at the section colors
    }

    colors {

    darkRed: #FF0000;
    white: #FFFFFF;
    lightPurple: #DAB0C4;
    }

    .susarpForm{
    padding: 7;
    padding-top: 13;
    font-bitmap: fontButton;
    background:gradient4;
    border-width: 0;
    focused-style: .menuFocused;
    }
    .alfForm extends .susarpForm{
    background : gradient2;
    font-bitmap : fontButton2;

    }

    then you will need to create a Form in your Midlet and the declaration to use the proper skin would be like the next lines:

    ...
    //#style susarpForm
    Form __fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    ...

    or maybe associate events to write one form or other one, example :
    ...
    Form __fSusarpForm; // you are not creating rightnow
    if( OneEventOcurs == true){
    //#style susarpForm
    m_fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    }
    else{
    //#style alfForm
    m_fSusarpForm = new Form("");
    }
    ....

    so you can choose an skin according with an external event an you can apply it in the way you want.

    You can especify styles which inherits from the style you have created, for example :

    .menuSusarp extends .susarpForm{
    columns: 3;
    columns-width: 50, 50, 60;
    }

    The properties given at the susarpForm would be the properties of the menuSusarp, so you can make a lot of differents controls with different colors etc etc

    I recommend to you, to begin probing some j2mepolish basic examples to get along with it; sometimes its difficult to build a complete application if you are not familiarized with it, and I recommend to you dont use j2mepolish effects because they are just bad programmed, and they take a lot of memory to make almost an stupid stuff like move a window or an icon, I did my own library to deal with effects, in this way, j2mepolish is not a good solution if you want to work with these kind of effects.

    Hope it helps


    BR

  8. #8
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi again Susrap


    Ive not said J2ME is a bad solution to work, Ive programmed in about 15 programming languages and well some of them has some great characteristics but is poor in other ones and so. To program mobile devices, Nokia provides a lot of different ways to make it in a proper way, Open-C, Maemo ( especific devices ), Symbian-C++, Python and Java. I dont support and I dont sell myself to no one, Nokia has very good things but....in the opposite way, it´s so poor in other stuff, example : write and write papers about nothing noticing them like the panacea , if you have developed just a bit mobile devices, in a near time you will want to crash every mobile device because, you are working in a Nokia device for example, but if you want to market a solution, youve to port your application to Sony-Ericsson, Blackberry, Doja, Motorola, Windows Mobile, etc.... and it´s difficult if you have to make it alone like me. Ive learnt a lot about programming mobile devices, first, Dont think about Java is the panacea, second, if an application runs properly in a device, it does not mean your application is going to run in every device in the same way, and third, you can get crazy with some specific characteristics of the mobile devices.
    J2mepolish is a great solution to make GUI´s but I dont recommend to you to use the last characteristics like the FishEye view, or other in the same way, they are so slow at the nokia series 40 emulator, so think about on a real device; they have problems in the memory management, the way to program a gui library is not to take effects and more effects and program them over the air, youve to consider memory leaks, memory crash problems ( in fact, they really exist ) and other considerations; So if you plan to build midlet´s, Java is a good solution after all, I don´t prefer any programming language, I like Java altough "Write once run anywhere" is a real lie, I like too C++, C# ( maybe the best of them to program in windows mobile), etc.... and rightnow I love F#, yes Im a real freak in ML (:P).
    So if you want to use j2mepolish, use it to make single applications, with not so many effects, your jar has to be around 150 Kb like maximum ( that´s my advice ) and youve to optimize png files, fonts etc... J2mepolish is good to authomatize some midlet processes, I like it from J2mepolish, but sometimes, if you need a professional gui you will need to manage the memory and clear some times the java heap considering the objects loaded in memory etc... so, use j2mepolish with the considerations Ive told to you, single Gui, with not so many effects, and your application will work perfectly. To port the application.....it´s other different issue, if you want help about it, just ask to me and I will be pleased to reply to you.

    BR

  9. #9
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Quote Originally Posted by susrap View Post
    Thank you so mush for your help . As you said i am checking all the j2me polish projects and going through there code .But your are saying j2me is not a good solution ,without j2mepolish how can i use styles in j2me is there any other way ??. please let it me know bcz i am not finding this j2mepolish intresting . I am new to j2me so i just wanted to know more ways in j2me using which i can make my GUI and look and feel better.
    Thanks in advance.
    About the questions youve posted, you can make Skins, but think about the load in memory of every different skin. The solutions you can find in Internet, are the most of them so bad, and the "professional" solutions are just expensive; If you need help on create j2mepolish multiskin application, I can give yu advises about it, BR

    (look this thread for other Gui solutions : http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=110949)

  10. #10
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfury View Post
    About the questions youve posted, you can make Skins, but think about the load in memory of every different skin. The solutions you can find in Internet, are the most of them so bad, and the "professional" solutions are just expensive; If you need help on create j2mepolish multiskin application, I can give yu advises about it, BR

    (look this thread for other Gui solutions : http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...d.php?t=110949)
    Thank you so much for your reply

  11. #11
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Quote Originally Posted by susrap View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply
    I just wanted to ask you one more doubt . I have downloaded Fire1.2 and i felt it more intresting . Can u plz explain me how can i use it to develop my own future projects.

  12. #12
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi Susrap

    sorry for being late, tomorrow I will reply to you because Ive to go in 5 minutes and I have just seen your post; I will reply to you tomorrow with a sample code, so sorry.

    BR

  13. #13
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    133

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi again susarp

    Sorry for being late; Im a bit busy in the last days; To use Fire1.2 you first have to download the main packages from the sourceforge page and to begin to use, you have to include the main packages to deal with them.
    The use is very intuitive, my advise is the next one, take the example from the source folder, it´s called like src/gr/bluevibe/fire/test/ReadMe.java at yours Fire 1.2 folder.
    You can see there is an example about the using of Fire1.2, it´s very easy to use with some java programming concepts. You will have to create a FireScreen object and create Panels; you can have information about it at the javadoc; you can begin by modifying the source files you can find in src/gr/bluevibe and watching the changes to apply them to your own application. If you have some problems feel free to ask about.

    BR
    Last edited by Alfury; 2008-03-28 at 08:48.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    5

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Hi All
    I have installed NetBeans 6.0.1, and j2mepolish-2[1].0.2.jar on my computer( win XP sp2 ) with NetBeans intergration.
    When I create a new project by "j2me Polish Project" (with cldc1.1, midp2 and blank template), it will be a blank project without any source and package.
    Also, when I try to open an existing example from samples directory in j2mepolish installation path, an error occured as :

    Problem: The project uses the Java Platform called "Emulator Platform", but this platform was not found.
    Solution: Click Resolve and create new platform called "Emulator Platform".


    My NetBeans has 2 emulator platforms : "J2ME wireless Toolkit 2.2" and "Sun Java(TM) Wireless Toolkit2.5.2 for CLDC"
    I would appreciate, if any body helps me.

    Thanks
    Last edited by smrfakhri; 2008-03-31 at 15:09.

  15. #15
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    62

    Re: how to integrate j2me polish with netbeans?

    Quote Originally Posted by smrfakhri View Post
    Hi All
    I have installed NetBeans 6.0.1, and j2mepolish-2[1].0.2.jar on my computer( win XP sp2 ) with NetBeans intergration.
    When I create a new project by "j2me Polish Project" (with cldc1.1, midp2 and blank template), it will be a blank project without any source and package.
    Also, when I try to open an existing example from samples directory in j2mepolish installation path, an error occured as :

    Problem: The project uses the Java Platform called "Emulator Platform", but this platform was not found.
    Solution: Click Resolve and create new platform called "Emulator Platform".


    My NetBeans has 2 emulator platforms : "J2ME wireless Toolkit 2.2" and "Sun Java(TM) Wireless Toolkit2.5.2 for CLDC"
    I would appreciate, if any body helps me.

    Thanks
    Hi ,
    Sorry for delay . I understood your problem . just copy netbeans-build.xml from the sample of your j2me polish to your created application's build folder and build.xml to buildimpl.xml
    try this . If u still have a problem contact me
    BR

Similar Threads

  1. Netbeans 5.5.1 & J2ME Polish
    By tareq_jaber in forum Mobile Java Media (Graphics & Sounds)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2010-04-20, 09:02
  2. How to integrate Carbide.J with J2ME Polish
    By linyu.chn in forum Symbian Tools & SDKs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-08-22, 03:39
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2004-08-25, 11:42
  4. J2ME Polish Version 1.0 RC6
    By enough in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-07-20, 11:25
  5. J2ME Polish Version 1.0 RC5
    By enough in forum Mobile Java General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2004-07-08, 16:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •