Discussion Board

Thread: Nemo handy

Nemo handy

I want to ask a question:

If i have a mobile with nemo handy , does this mean we can access all the network parameters without security issues?!

I mean without needing to contact the mobile manufacturers to make this available?!

Thnks in advance

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Nemo handy

What is Nemo handy ?
    Only Nemo I remember was the small yellow striped fish.

Nemo Handy seems to be a product: http://www.anite.com/nemo-wireless-n...html?Itemid=59
    My guess is that it is not self-signed, and it does not require the user to sign it with a developer certificate.

Choco_chocolat: yes, this is the normal, non-abusive way of signing: the developer of an application contracts with the manufacturer if it is necessary, developes the product, gets the application Symbian-signed, then sells it to the customer. And the customer simply uses the product. Although it costs money to the developer (pays for publisher id, pays for API partnering if it is necessary, and pays for testing-signing), that is normal too.

Lightbulb Re: Nemo handy

Well, nemo handy is a progrma installed on mobile , it is used to get network parameters, ex signal strength , neighbouring cell id and their level, it also contain maps to ndicate where u are located , and many other functions.

Since my project is doing a program similar to the nemo handy , and since there is problems in getting the required API' because of security issues, i asked you if i am having a nemo handy mobile , will that make me able to use API's without security problems?!

Note: I dont want just to use nemo handy , i want to make program like it and install it on a mobile (containing already a nemo handy program)

Thanks a lot for your help

Quote Originally Posted by choco_chocolat View Post
    Since my project is doing a program similar to the nemo handy , and since there is problems in getting the required API' because of security issues, i asked you if i am having a nemo handy mobile , will that make me able to use API's without security problems?!
    I have not checked what Nemo Handy does in particular, but having an application on your device obviously does not influence nether in negative, nor in positive direction if you can / are allowed to make an other application with similar features.
    If Nemo Handy provides an API for accessing its functionality - however I doubt that -, it would be a different question.