Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Regular Contributor

Problems with a signed application

Hi

I have signed with success an application but Im in troubles with the next issue Im going to explain; My application uses bluetooth, before adding the certificate ( a verisign one ) the application asked at the beginning if You would to use the communications, you had to put Yes and then the application worked alright; it´s alright but.....after signing the application, the application begins ( the bluetooth is enabled if not there are some checks which don´t let the application begins, and they were too before signing the app ) and tells me Bluetooth is not enabled, when it´s, so...my question is, what can be happening? other question...Ive read about permissions, but I dont know why to use them and I dont understand if the permissions have to be at the manifest file too. Ive read about youve to put the needed permissions to run your app, but Ive put them in the jad and the application does not begin, just say to me there is an authorization problem so I delete them, so the application can be opened but before of the bluetooth it rejects to me and dont let me open in a proper way, so any ideas about it?

thx in advance, kind regards

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Problems with a signed application

Can you post the JAD file contents in here?

You do not need to to have the permissions in the manifest, only in the JAD.

For correct permissions strings for the JAD see this doc (Appendix)
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.pdf.html

Hartti

Regular Contributor

Hi Hartti

I will post the jad, Ive to tell we generate the jad everytime, I mean OTA because of some sensible data which every application has, so we need to make it OTA.

this is the content of a jad file :

MIDlet-Name: KeyringSyon
    MIDlet-Version: 0.1
    MIDlet-Vendor: SCS
    MIDlet-Jar-URL:http://88.2.147.239/SCS/WebUI/downlo...09353464638454
    MIDlet-Jar-Size: 58142
    MIDlet-Description: Keyring
    MIDlet-Icon: /dot.png
    MIDlet-Info-URL:
    MIDlet-1: KeyringSyon,/dot.png,Keyring
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-1: MIIE8DCCA9igAwIBAgIQcpAndBSUsas8ZvxeWL7AhjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFADCBtDELMA...
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-2: MIIEvzCCBCigAwIBAgIQQZGhWjl4389JZWY4HUx1wjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQUFADBfMQswCQ...
    MIDlet-Certificate-1-3: MIICPDCCAaUCEHC65B0Q2Sk0tjjKewPMur8wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQECBQAwXzELMAkGA1UEBh...
    MIDlet-Jar-RSA-SHA1: ahxUpUAbeWND3kQAaf32Kp9ZsupJ/2h16RFK6gNBV8+7rz3r0NSKZqKGDESECNVXFNTgjb...

This is a jad in our development server, please, if you can help me I wuld thank you a lot.

Other question is , Ive read the next document: MIDP_2_0_Signed_MIDlet_Developers_Guide_v2_0_en.pdf, and when I put the permissions at the jad, the application does not work, if I take out them at less the application begins.
    I use bluetooth and http/https connections; I dont know if I need to put too permissions to use the rms, Ive read at the document is not required, but I dont really know. I use too sms to send some information but Ive read almost none nokia( I think no one) supports this kind of issue. Please if you can help me....thank you a lot

UPDATED : I dont know whats happening with the permissions; Communications over Internet and Bluetooth dont work, they produce all the time Security Exceptions, and if I put the permissions, the application does not work too...
    The permissions I put are the next ones :
    MIDlet-Permissions:javax.microedition.io.Connector.http,
    javax.microedition.io.Connector.https,
    javax.microedition.io.Connector.bluetooth.client,
    javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.read,
    javax.microedition.io.Connector.file.write

Best regards
    Last edited by hartti; 2008-03-13 at 16:10. Reason: cut the long lines in the JAD shorter and the permission string

Nokia Developer Champion

I dont know whats happening with the permissions; Communications over Internet and Bluetooth dont work, they produce all the time Security Exceptions, and if I put the permissions, the application does not work too..
    The permissions seem to be the correct ones. What do yo mean by the application does not work. What happens exactly? When you install the signed application, does everything go through smoothly and the correct certificate is shown in the installation dialog? Which device are you using?

Regular Contributor

Hi again Hartti

About the signing, the instalation is ok and well, Im going to explain the process when the application opens; The application checks if the bluetooth is On, if not, it´s impossible to open the application (I use bluetooth connectivity so it´s a must, if bluetooth is off, there is no way to open the application) so I check it by the next code:

public static boolean isBtAvailable(){
    String laddr;
    try{
    LocalDevice m_lMyLocalDevice = LocalDevice.getLocalDevice();
    laddr = "BT local: \n" + m_lMyLocalDevice.getFriendlyName() + " \n" + m_lMyLocalDevice.getBluetoothAddress();
    String url = "btspp://localhost:1";
    Connector.open(url);
    return true;
    } catch(Exception e){
    laddr = "BT local: \n<none>";
    return false;
    }
    }

When we did not use the certificate, at the beginning of the application, It asked to you about permissions and then the application begun after replying you allow to use data communications ; With the certificate, after signing the application, it does not ask to me for permissions but in the other way, the bluetooth validation by the function Ive posted to you is false so the application does not begin and you are not able to work with it; so is there some chance to fix it? The bluetooth is active and there is nothing wrong. If we take out the permissions the application does not work and I dont really understand. Hartti, is there a chance of email to you? I´d be very pleased, thx a lot to you

Best regards

Nokia Developer Champion

You are catching all Exception in the piece of code you provided. Could you check first what exception is thrown...

Hartti