I have an app requirement that needs to use the C++ api (Outgoing call monitoring, Network access). I'm comfortable with that but dislike doing the GUI using C++ - I find the Symbian classes needlessly complicated and error prone.
Hence I'm considering a daemon/gui divide with the GUI being written in Java (MIDP). Does the following seem feasible?
Server EXE (C++)
- Monitors Calls
- Starts GUI App on demand
- Passes Call detail to GUI App
- Uploads data to external HTTP Server
- Downloads data from external HTTP Server
GUI App (Java)
- Acquires Call Detail from server
- Gets further detail from User
- Stores results locally
Whats the best method of IPC between the two? Exchange via files? Some other method?
The applications will (eventually) be symbian signed and stored in one SISX file.