Discussion Board

Thread: 7110 emulation

Super Contributor

7110 emulation

Posted by Pete Smith, barreldemon@hotmail.com
    on September 16, 2000 at 14:39

I'm having problems using the 7710 emulator in WAP toolkit 2.0.

When using the "blueprint" phone emulator I have no problems, but when I attempt to use the 7110, Windows gives the following error:

"DeviceMediator: sendByteArray: fofzplfq"

This occurs when attempting to do anything: Viewing sites over the web, viewing my own decks, even just clicking a key on the 7110.

I've checked that I have the correct version of the JRE installed, and tried re-downloading and re-installing the WAP toolkit from scratch, but I still get the same problem.

The specs of my PC should be more than sufficient, according to the Nokia docs, but no joy so far!

If anyone has any ideas what the problem could be, or whether I'm just doing something stupid, could you please let me know?

Super Contributor

RE: 7110 emulation

Posted by Moises Domenech Llorca, mdllorca@retemail.es
    on September 18, 2000 at 19:09

Maybe your pages are in WAP 1.2 version but the Nokkia 7110 can only view the pages in WAP 1.1

Super Contributor

RE: 7110 emulation

Posted by Neil Hoare-Widmer, neil.hoare@empa.ch
    on September 20, 2000 at 17:59

I am having problems with the Tool Kit. The blue phone shows me columns, bold types etc., but the Nokia 7110 places everything in single columns. I have done all examples in the Quick guide many times but still cannot get it to show as in the examples.
    Am I the only one?