Discussion Board

multiple ui control - callback

Hi,

I have a problem with callback of multiple UI controls within a form. For example, I have 2 selection lists(x,y), the values of 'y' are determined by the selection in 'x'.
    I am not able to achieve similar functionality. Is there an alternate way, other than using forms to represent multiple UI controls on a single view. As I am first time user trying to prototype using Python, i would highly appreciate if someone can provide clarity on the same.

Regards,
    Dexter
    Last edited by dexterpost; 2008-03-18 at 14:25.

Regular Contributor

Re: multiple ui control - callback

Why dont you have 2 functions like below

def list1:
    sublist

def list2:
    sublist

#The fist selection list goes here. According to the selection list1 and list 2 are called which in turn have sublists.
    Kandyfloss

V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610

Hey Kandyfloss, thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately, i am using selection lists, could you please suggest on the same. Going by your suggestion, can i have 2 lists on a single view that can dynamically change values.

Thanks,
    Dexter.

Regular Contributor

I didn't mean to change the values dynamically. And I was referring to the selection list only. You can use the code I provided for multiple selection lists.
    Kandyfloss

V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610

Is it possible to provide 2 UI controls (selection_list) on a single view/form that can change value based on certain event. This would happen in a single view - based on key_down event.

Thanks,
    Dexter.

UI control hierarchy

Dear Kandyfloss & all,

We are new to python, as observed in series 60 we can create hierarchy of controls using container controls. How do i create container control and add child controls to it in Python for Series 60? If that is not possible is there another option. This was original intention of posting previous thread.

Regards,
    Dexter.

Super Contributor

No solution, sorry, just asking clarification:

Do you plan to use 2 popup lists, so that values of second popup depend on selection of first popup? For example popup1 is used to select country and then popup2 shows cities in selected country?

Generic answer: use the form.

If it's not popups, then I can't quite recognize what you're thinking... In some cases you can have a listbox, change value of one item and dynamically insert new related items. For example you might have different settings depending whether you want IPv4 or IPv6. In C++ that it done by dynamically checking and setting visibility of each and every listbox item.

How to do such dynamic listboxes in python... please tell me, when you're figured it out!

Disclaimer: I've only checked 1.4.1, so better study release notes for latest version(s) and hope for best.

Just wondering,

--jouni

Regular Contributor

Hi,

Now, I think You have not understood my previous post.

Dynamic selection Lists can be possible by using conditions and nested selection lists. If the index is 1 the value of index is checked and depending on this other selection list may be defined. Thus nested selection lists can be a solution to the so called Dynamic Selection List!
    Kandyfloss

V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610