Discussion Board

Thread: syncml api?

syncml api?

Hello,

is there a way to invoke synchronization of sync profile from Python program?

I can't find syncml api for Python, so I thought I could invoke some executable that runs synchronization, but I can't find it either.

Thanks,
    Mike

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: syncml api?

Quote Originally Posted by mstolar View Post
    Hello,

is there a way to invoke synchronization of sync profile from Python program?

I can't find syncml api for Python, so I thought I could invoke some executable that runs synchronization, but I can't find it either.
    hi mstolar

welcome to the forum
    it will be very great if u make ur question bit clear.
    thanx

welcome

OK, I would like to write a tool that would sync my calendar every day at, say, 7am.

I was thinking of using cron (like this: http://www.handango.com/o2/PlatformP...alog=20&title=)
    to invoke script at given times. All this script would have to do is to choose required access point and start syncml synchronization (synchronization profile is already created). So I wouldn't have to hit "synchronize" every morning...

Is there a way to start synchronization from python script?

Nokia Developer Champion

welcome

OK, I would like to write a tool that would sync my calendar every day at, say, 7am.

I was thinking of using cron (like this: http://www.handango.com/o2/PlatformP...alog=20&title=)
    to invoke script at given times. All this script would have to do is to choose required access point and start syncml synchronization (synchronization profile is already created). So I wouldn't have to hit "synchronize" every morning...

Is there a way to start synchronization from python script?
    hello mike again
    thanx for explaining in detail
    actually i m also trying this kind of stuff in changing the profile time to time. i got partial success.
    ur idea is great we can surely write a python script for that. we can actually using the time module use time and synchronize the a event in the calender. i m working out with the code u also work out a bit.
    hope this will work. plz give feedback

Regular Contributor

Hi mstolar,

Yes, this is possible. What the script can do is check for calender entries and comapre with the last uploaded entries. The new added calender events can be uploaded to the server.
    And as far as automatic synchronization is concern you can set ecrtain time intervals say 12 hours when the calender entry will automatically be updated on the server.
    Kandyfloss

V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610

I do not want to write sync code myself. As far as I know it is a bit more complicated than just uploading newer entries to the server.

What I want to do is to start synchronization of already created and tested profile. Just as I hit "Synchronize" on it...

Thanks,
    Mike

Nokia Developer Champion

I do not want to write sync code myself. As far as I know it is a bit more complicated than just uploading newer entries to the server.

What I want to do is to start synchronization of already created and tested profile. Just as I hit "Synchronize" on it...
    hey mike
    i dont think its difficult at all i m working on it and as soon as i come up the way i will surely let u know.

Well, I want to perform normal, two-way sync. Just as regular syncml client on symbian. Believe me, it is not a trivial task

Anyway, I found this page: http://developer.symbian.com/main/do...at.html#SyncML
    you can see here what executables are responsible for given tasks, that's a start!

Cheers,
    Mike

Well, I think syncing can be done by calling smlsyncagent.exe (with e32.start_exe).
    But... I can't find this executable!

Does anybody know what is the path to syncml client (smlsyncagent.exe)?

Cheers,
    Mike