Discussion Board

open signing shell

Novice question:

I would like to opensign the 1.4.2 Python shell to get location api services.

I have the IMEI code, and bother flavors of the shell (3rd ED, and 3rED_unsigned_freedevcert.SIS). I trired both, but I don't know the email for the *.SIS file. So I get an error. ( the UID for 1.4.2 should be in the test range, so it should work).

My company is balking at the legal details of the devcert program. So open signing online seems to be the only way to get a shell that will open of the api to me.

This is the message I get:

FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0x2000b1a5 )

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: open signing shell

Quote Originally Posted by DrYSG View Post
    Novice question:

I have the IMEI code, and bother flavors of the shell (3rd ED, and 3rED_unsigned_freedevcert.SIS). I trired both, but I don't know the email for the *.SIS file. So I get an error. ( the UID for 1.4.2 should be in the test range, so it should work).

My company is balking at the legal details of the devcert program. So open signing online seems to be the only way to get a shell that will open of the api to me.

FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0x2000b1a5 )
    hi DrYSG welcome to the wonderful python dibo
    plz follow this
    link hope it will help u
    plz give a feedback
    Last edited by gaba88; 2008-03-20 at 15:21. Reason: incomplete answer

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DrYSG View Post
    Novice question:

Hi DrYSG,

I had received a similar email regarding such an issue yesterday (Not sure if it was you)I have replied to that email

Yes the file available at sourceforge doesn't have the UID in the range required for Open Signing.

Here you will find a shell with UID in the protective range which you will be able to Opensign through the site.
    http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/tuulos/P...tRange_UID.sis

Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Thanks Pankaj,

I had searched the forums already, and read a long thread about how the protected UID was supposed to be solved in 1.4.2. *sigh*.

I downloaded your .SIS file and signed it and installed with no problems (n95). This will be of great assistance.