Discussion Board

Unhappy Netbeans 6.0.1 and S60_3rd_FP2_SDK does not work

Hi,

I have been trying to get the emulator working from Netbeans. Everything is the latest and greatest. A little window pops up and say connecting to agent and then I receive a "connection refused". Could it be some timeout somewhere that should be increased? I do not think the emulator ever starts. I found that one should change build-impl.xml line:
    <nb-kjava-debug address="${jpda.port}" name="${app.codename}" timeout="30000" period="2000">

but that line is not there anymore. Atleast I cannot find it.

Does anyone know what to do? Would be nice if this just could work "out of the box"...

Re: Netbeans 6.0.1 and S60_3rd_FP2_SDK does not work

You have to add the emulator to the "platform manager" and then you have to add that configuration to the project (you can have a bunch of configurations), and then you have to select that configuration in the drop-down list above your source code window.

The configuration you want is S60 Emulator, not S60 Device.

The reason it doesn't just "work out of the box" is because it's project- (and configuration-) specific.

Red face Re: Netbeans 6.0.1 and S60_3rd_FP2_SDK does not work

Thanks for the help. That did the trick. I still think that the error message I got was very confusing. I should read the manual better the next time...