Discussion Board

XMLBinding.sis on Samsung SGH i 550

Hello

I am facing a problem in running my application which uses web services to communicate with a remote server. In order for the application to work on the device, I also need to install xmlbinding.sis on the device.

XMLBinding.sis is provided along with Nokia WSDL to C++ wizard. The installation of this file works fine on Nokia N73 and Nokia N82 devices. But the same is unable to install on Samsung SGH I 550 device (S60 FP1). It shows an error "Certificate error: Contact application supplier"

Is there a work around for the installation of xmlbinding? My application does not even open if this library is not installed on the device.

Thanks in advance
    Rohit

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: XMLBinding.sis on Samsung SGH i 550

Use signsis -o <filename>.sis to determine which certificate was used for signing the sis file then check to see if that certificate is supported by the Samsung phone. Probably not.

The WSDL tool is not part of the S60 Platform so you should not expect it to work on all S60 phones.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks for your response.

I checked the certificate for the library and the details displayed are as under,
    Primary:
    Issued by : Nokia Content Signing CA.
    Issued to : Nokia Content.
    Valid from 06/10/2006 to 05/10/2011

So, it seems that the SIS has been signed using Nokia certificates and this root certificate is not unavailable on the Samsung device.

I also tried to strip the existing certificate and self sign the sis. But then it gave another error on installation "Unable to install a protected application from an untrusted supplier"

Is there any work around to sign the application for Samsung device? or possibly get the source code or something else?

Looking forward for your suggestions...
    Rohit

Nokia Developer Moderator

You may want to check if Samsung offers this package on their web site, under Nokia license. If not you will have to remove the dependencies and build your application based on the Platform APIs only.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite