Discussion Board

How to open SMS editor on self signed application?

Hi!

I would like to open SMS editor with some pre inserted text from my C++ application.

I wrote it by using CSendUi::CreateAndSendMessageL() When I installed it on my phone (5700) and tried to use it I got error message:

"Unable to execute file for security reasons"

If I undestood that correctly it is because my application is self signed and therefore don't have access to CSendUI.

Before investing more my time on this I wonder is there a way to do it in first place, eg opening SMS editor (and then the user herself sends the SMS) with self signed application? If it is, what classes should I use.

Thanks, Ari

I wonder, according to documentations SMS is a network service that should be available for self signed application by user allowing it. However my 5700 didn't ask any permissions, it just blokked it. Or in some other documents it says that when you install the application the phone asks there the permission, however my 5700 just asked the normal "not signed question" and that was it. I am a litle confused here, looks like the documentations and the real life differ.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to open SMS editor on self signed application?

Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Yes, I did use search, (and actually read both of those links) before asking.

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    This says that it is ok to use CSendUi::CreateAndSendMessageL() as long as not sending DRM-protected files, which I am not trying to do. So according to this it should be ok. However I run on that error message.

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    This is where I started and tried first implementation according to that example. It turned out that it is a S60 2rd example and don't work on 3rd.

After that I followed these very good instructions for 3rd: http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/....html#topic3.6

But it don't work either.

So before giving a third try I was thinking to ask if someone would know the details. Starting to get a litle frustrated to "try and error" method.

There is a recommendation to use RSendAsMessage and quite a few examples how to automaticly send SMS by using that, but no example (or I haven't run any) how to use it to open SMS editor. But I could be misunderstood. Anyway, before going that road it would be nice to know is it actually posible or just another dead end.

Ari

Ok, I got it working by using RSendAsMessage::LaunchEditorAndCloseL()

Ari