×

Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Ensymble simplesis

    Hi all,
    I need to do the SIS file of a folder. I've used this code:

    Code:
    ensymble.py simplesis --version=1.0.0 --caption="myfolder" --drive=C MyFolder
    my application needs to be signed, so I went here and I followed the procedure to sign it. Untill here all went ok. But then, when I tried to install it on the phone, I couldn't because it said that the file was corrupted. Where Was I wrong?
    Can anyone help me? It's my first time with the "simplesis" of Ensymble!!!

    Chiara

  2. #2
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    Hi all,
    I need to do the SIS file of a folder. I've used this code:

    Code:
    ensymble.py simplesis --version=1.0.0 --caption="myfolder" --drive=C MyFolder
    my application needs to be signed, so I went here and I followed the procedure to sign it. Untill here all went ok. But then, when I tried to install it on the phone, I couldn't because it said that the file was corrupted. Where Was I wrong?
    Can anyone help me? It's my first time with the "simplesis" of Ensymble!!!

    Chiara
    Is that the exact code you used to create the sis file? Because you forgot the uid (for example --uid=0x01234567). That may be why you get the "file corrupted" message, but I'm not sure.
    Last edited by bogdan.galiceanu; 2008-03-24 at 14:04.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by bogdan.galiceanu View Post
    Is that the exact code you used to create the sis file? Because you forgot the uid (for example --uid=0x01234567). That may be why you get the "file corrupted" message, but I'm not sure.
    I've tried with the --uid and now even though the installation is succefull, I cannot see the application in the application list. Any other idea?

    Chiara

  4. #4
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Deva, Romania
    Posts
    3,471

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    I've tried with the --uid and now even though the installation is succefull, I cannot see the application in the application list. Any other idea?

    Chiara
    I assume you used "simplesis" to package a folder in order to ...install it on the phone. What you did was the equivalent of transferring the content of the folder to the C drive of your phone. There was no real application installation and therefore no application appears in the menu.
    Again, that's what I think happened. If you did something else, please correct me (this is the first time I've used simplesis )

  5. #5
    Nokia Developer Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
    Posts
    3,852

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    Hi all,
    I need to do the SIS file of a folder. I've used this code:

    Code:
    ensymble.py simplesis --version=1.0.0 --caption="myfolder" --drive=C MyFolder
    my application needs to be signed, so I went here and I followed the procedure to sign it. Untill here all went ok. But then, when I tried to install it on the phone, I couldn't because it said that the file was corrupted. Where Was I wrong?
    Can anyone help me? It's my first time with the "simplesis" of Ensymble!!!

    Chiara
    hi chiara
    can u tell me in what phone you r installing the sis of your application.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by gaba88 View Post
    hi chiara
    can u tell me in what phone you r installing the sis of your application.
    it's a Nokia N95.
    Chiara

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Hi!
    I've still got problems with my file sis. I have a mobile phone N95 with the following installed:
    • PythonForS60_1_4_1_3rdEd
    • lightblue-0.2.2-s60-3rdEd


    I'm following this procedure: simplesis - py2sis - mergesis

    Code:
    ensymble.py simplesis --uid=0x1fffffff --version=1.0.0 --caption="MyApp" --drive=C MyApp/ myapp.sis
    
    ensymble.py py2sis --drive=C MyApp
    
    ensymble.py mergesis MyApp_v1_0_0.sis myapp.sis final_v_1_0_0.sis
    Then I sign final_v_1_0_0.sis on symbiansigned.
    Then I installed the application but it doesn't work well. it stops on the lightblue command that I use. (the lightblue module is installed on C: like all the other things)

    Can someone help me?
    Chiara

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    None can help me??? I give you more information!
    When I create the sis files, I got these errors:

    Code:
    C:\Ensymble>ensymble.py simplesis --uid=0x1fffffff --version=1.0.0 --caption="MyApp" --drive=C MyApp/ myapp.sis
    ensymble.py: warning: no certificate given, using insecure built-in one
    ensymble.py: warning: UID is in the protected range (0x00000000 - 0x7ffffff)
    
    C:\Ensymble>ensymble.py py2sis --drive=C MyApp
    ensymble.py: warning: no application version given, using 1.0.0
    ensymble.py: warning: no UID given, using auto-generated test UID 0xe9de0147
    ensymble.py: warning: no certificate given, using insecure built-in one
    
    C:\Ensymble>ensymble.py mergesis --cert=n95.cer --privkey=key.key --passphrase=password MyApp_v1_0_0.sis myapp.sis FINAL_SIGNED.sis
    ensymble.py: warning: removing old signatures from the first input SIS file
    Can someone help to understand these errors?

    Chiara

    PS: the result of the first step (simplesis) is myapp.sis with the structure of the folder MyApp. The result of the second step (py2sis) is MyApp_v1_0_0.sis.

  9. #9
    Regular Contributor
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    India
    Posts
    133

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Hi,

    There is no problem with the 2 steps.
    The 3rd step where you merge the file the signature of the 1st files are removed, as shown below
    Code:
    ensymble.py: warning: removing old signatures from the first input SIS file
    So The created final file is unsigned.

    Sign the file that you got from the 3rd step using signsis of ensymble.

    Hopefully you wont have that error when you install this on the device.
    Kandyfloss

    V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610

  10. #10
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    524

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    I'm following this procedure: simplesis - py2sis - mergesis
    Simplesis and mergesis are not used in this case. Just create a SIS file with py2sis, send it to Open Signed Online and install it. Simplesis is an advanced command to create any kinds of SIS files. Making a Python application with simplesis requires some manual work and knowledge about Symbian internals. Better use the py2sis command of Ensymble, which does all that automatically.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    Code:
    ensymble.py simplesis --uid=0x1fffffff --version=1.0.0 --caption="MyApp" --drive=C MyApp/ myapp.sis
    
    ensymble.py py2sis --drive=C MyApp
    
    ensymble.py mergesis MyApp_v1_0_0.sis myapp.sis final_v_1_0_0.sis
    Problems spotted:

    • 0x1fffffff is not a real UID. Get a good one from www.symbiansigned.com.
    • Simplesis cannot be used like this, unless MyApp is a complete installable tree (I doubt it, as you later call py2sis on it).
    • No capabilities are given. Bluetooth connections require at least LocalServices, possibly even NetworkServices.
    • Mergesis is a completely wrong thing to do here...


    Try this:

    Code:
    ensymble.py py2sis --uid=<MYUIDFROMSYMBIANSIGNED> --caps=LocalServices+NetworkServices --version=1.0.0 --caption="MyApp" --drive=C MyApp

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by jethro.fn View Post
    Simplesis and mergesis are not used in this case. Just create a SIS file with py2sis, send it to Open Signed Online and install it. Simplesis is an advanced command to create any kinds of SIS files. Making a Python application with simplesis requires some manual work and knowledge about Symbian internals. Better use the py2sis command of Ensymble, which does all that automatically.

    Problems spotted:

    • 0x1fffffff is not a real UID. Get a good one from www.symbiansigned.com.
    • Simplesis cannot be used like this, unless MyApp is a complete installable tree (I doubt it, as you later call py2sis on it).
    • No capabilities are given. Bluetooth connections require at least LocalServices, possibly even NetworkServices.
    • Mergesis is a completely wrong thing to do here...


    Try this:

    Code:
    ensymble.py py2sis --uid=<MYUIDFROMSYMBIANSIGNED> --caps=LocalServices+NetworkServices --version=1.0.0 --caption="MyApp" --drive=C MyApp
    Thank you very much for the help! If I do like you say, do I need to use the relative paths in the default.py?
    I used simplesis because i wanted to transfer the content of a folder under C: so that then I can refer to the files inside this folder using absolute paths. (It's because I try with the relative paths but I couldn't).

    Another question is: I need to use the mergesis if I want to incorporate also Python for s60 and lightblue in my final sis file, don't I?

    I have tried (before you answered me) to meke the first two steps I told you: 1) simplesis and then sign the resultant sis with all the capabilities i need; 2) py2sis and sign it. Then I've installed both on the mobile and then the application has worked. Was it luck? The problem is that i would like to have only one unsigned SIS file that I could go and sign on symbiansigned.com

    Thank you very much for the help!
    I hope you can help me more
    Chiara

  12. #12
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    524

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    If I do like you say, do I need to use the relative paths in the default.py?
    I used simplesis because i wanted to transfer the content of a folder under C: so that then I can refer to the files inside this folder using absolute paths. (It's because I try with the relative paths but I couldn't).
    The files inside MyApp reside under C:\private\<uid>\ (or E:\private\<uid>\). If your application is always installed to drive C, this is one possibility:

    Code:
    ...
    
    import sys
    
    ...
    
    SYMBIAN_UID = 0x12345678
    SIS_VERSION = "1.0.0"
    
    ...
    
    DATADIR = "C:\\private\\%08x\\" % SYMBIAN_UID
    
    try:
        f = open(sys.path.join(DATADIR, "mydata.dat"))
        s = f.read()
        ...
    finally:
        f.close()
    
    ...
    There are more elegant solutions which take the installation drive into account. I remember seeing posts on this forum but cannot remember a specific search term to try.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    Another question is: I need to use the mergesis if I want to incorporate also Python for s60 and lightblue in my final sis file, don't I?
    Yes. This is the purpose of the mergesis command. You can include SIS files which have greater capabilities than your own application, just make sure you put your own application SIS filename first on the mergesis command line. The first SIS on the command line will lose its original signature, other SIS files will be included as-is. This is why it is possible to bundle even the PyS60 SIS, even though it has been signed with more capabilities than are available to normal application developers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    I have tried (before you answered me) to meke the first two steps I told you: 1) simplesis and then sign the resultant sis with all the capabilities i need; 2) py2sis and sign it. Then I've installed both on the mobile and then the application has worked. Was it luck?
    No, but every file was present two times in the resulting SIS file. Once under C:\MyApp and once under C:\private\<uid>\. This is wasted space. Earlier you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by Chiara81000 View Post
    Then I installed the application but it doesn't work well. it stops on the lightblue command that I use.
    This was a capability problem.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Hello,

    i have one python script that i want to use.. i have this signed from open signed online.

    However this script calls other scripts and creates databases during its lifetime. How can i successfully have all the files and images i need made into one sis file ? is there a step by step procedure i can follow.. im only new to ensymble too.

    Any help appreciated thank you

  14. #14
    Super Contributor
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    524

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Quote Originally Posted by IreStep View Post
    However this script calls other scripts and creates databases during its lifetime. How can i successfully have all the files and images i need made into one sis file ?D
    If you give a directory to Ensymble's py2sis command, all the files in the directory are put in the SIS file. You can then find these files in the application's private directory, when the SIS file is installed on the phone.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12

    Re: Ensymble simplesis

    Hi Jethro,

    Thank you for help. is it only full drives that i can do??

    This works fine and creates a sis (but its of my entire c drive on laptop!!

    Code:
    python ensymble.py py2sis -caps=location+readuserdata+readdevicedata --version=0.0.1 --drive=C mytestsis.sis
    it generates auto uid etc.

    then if i try this

    Code:
    python ensymble.py py2sis -caps=location+readuserdata+readdevicedata --version=0.0.1 --drive=C:\Python25 mytestsis.sis
    no luck!!

    So i cant use subfolders too

Similar Threads

  1. [announce] Ensymble v0.26
    By jethro.fn in forum Symbian
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-03-15, 16:35
  2. [announce] Ensymble v0.25
    By jethro.fn in forum Symbian
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2008-01-05, 19:34
  3. Custom icon with ensymble 'simplesis' command
    By janekw_ in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-10-26, 12:42
  4. Ensymble vs PyS60 v1.4
    By jking_ok in forum Symbian
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2007-07-16, 07:17
  5. [announce] Ensymble v0.22
    By jethro.fn in forum Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2007-02-15, 18:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×