Discussion Board

Installing in Phone without Authority Certificate

Hi,

Currently I'm developing a To-Do application that reads and writes the data to the filesystem. I also signed my application with verisign to make the application to be trusted.

However, for Nokia 2865 CDMA phone, I can't install application as there is no Authority Certificate in the phone. So, whenever I run the application, there is a warning message about Read, Add and Edit Data.

Is there a way to make my application as trusted or to disable the warning message?

Super Contributor

Re: Installing in Phone without Authority Certificate

Have you asked the carrier (network operator) from whom you got the 2865 from? What do they require as far as Java application signing goes?

I get my phone not from operator. However, I indeed ask the Nokia Careline in Indonesia but there's no useful information.

Regular Contributor

Hi

Have you probed to put the permissions by give them in the installed application? try to install the application and then to change the permissions, I signed some applications and then you had to change the permissions altough you had created the application with the correct permissions at the jad file; when you have a non signed application, permissions like, "never ask" are not available, with a signed application these permissions are available.

BR