Discussion Board

Is it possible to force playing QVGA videos in 5310XM using J2ME applications?

It's a shame that the 5310XM can't play QVGA videos, although the screen has such size. I've been posting a topic for help regarding the similar problem I've met, weeks ago, but got no replies, therefore I'm adding this new topic to make it a bump.

I believe that the phone, actually, can play QVGA videos, since the size of the screen is large enough to make it. Maybe (I'm not even sure about that) the phone can't play such videos because the camera can't take QVGA videos, I guess. But anyway, this phone can run Java applications with QVGA resolution and (most probably) same is possible for the media player. Is that just a trick made by the designer? Are there any Java applications which can play QVGA videos (in fullscreen mode) available? I'll wait for replies, thanks.
    Last edited by jonathanwong_31; 2008-03-28 at 04:33.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Is it possible to force playing QVGA videos in 5310XM using J2ME applications?

We can play videos with following format.

3GPP formats (H.263)

H.264/AVC

MPEG-4

For Audio

AAC, eAAC+, MP3, MP4, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, Mobile XMF, SP-MIDI, MIDI Tones (poly 64), True tones

Re: Is it possible to force playing QVGA videos in 5310XM using J2ME applications?

Quote Originally Posted by honest_success View Post
    We can play videos with following format.

3GPP formats (H.263)

H.264/AVC

MPEG-4

For Audio

AAC, eAAC+, MP3, MP4, WMA, AMR-NB, AMR-WB, Mobile XMF, SP-MIDI, MIDI Tones (poly 64), True tones
    EDIT: S40 phones support Flash too, I can see that. How about playing those QVGA videos in Flash? Is that possible? I've met a problem while opening a Flash video on the phone, which was directly converted from AVI files, with an error message showing "Not enough memory". Can this be solved?
    Also, if possible, I would like to use the music control keys while playing those videos. Are there any freewares/applications which can work on that? I hope that this phone can get rid of these blemishes, and would no longer be called a "shame on the unavailability" by me. Much thanks.
    Last edited by jonathanwong_31; 2008-03-27 at 16:34.