Time to give something back! First many thanx for the old answers, which I searched often. Second many thanx for the replies I got to my own questions! This discussion board was one of the reasons I continued to make time for python experiments.
I now release my second (*) python application, titled "Watch Me - Light Now". It fills the screen with one color! Well, there's a few more features
- Define color by RGB values using numerical input in dialogs
- Modify each three values by keyboard shortcuts
- 4 speed key selections for basic colors
- Color picker with cursor, which you move with arrow keys
- Continuous color change until keypress
- Switch between normal and full screen
- Supports screen rotate
- Large About dialog
- Location independent installation
- Event based application logic
Installation: PY and JPG must be in same directory, otherwise copy both into c:\python or e:\python
Available at http://jouni.miettunen.googlepages.com/, which I just created for this occasion. I will add the script as sample app into wiki in some weekend (just noticed there's a competition for sample apps, so yes I want to do it myself).
* - My first pyS60 app is not released yet, but it's 95% ready. Still. Started 2006, but want to add a few more features. You know how it goes...