Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I updated N95's firmware to 20.0. from 11.0 and now I have no clock HELP!

Hello Everyone!

I have a suvire problem! I updated my N95 firmware and for some reason, the numbers of the clock just dont appear anymore, only in a theme that I created, in other themes the clock is very nice and visible. but since I'm visually impaired, I creted a theme that is MOST comfortable for me, including a nw font that I created for the numbers of the clock. I wish someone could explain to me why a change of version should cause such a funny side-affect.

I'm sure that it's a mistake of mine... i put te same image in number, and number shape.... and I KNOW one is suposed to be the mask of another, but I dont know what's wrong, and for some reason the version 11 of the firmware didnt mind it... the new one DOES!

what could I do?

Aside from that I have some other questions - here they are:

Now I have a few more clarification problems:
    I'm visually impaired, therefore I created a theme that's all black with white fonts/lines on it... there are two panes that I can't change, and when they highlight a text it's white on white. that's the one in received messages - the sender is highlighted with a white pane... and in the alarm clock setting.. same problem.. the pane - white on white.

question 2:
    I created a new font for the numbers... I made them as large as I could within the boundries that are allowed... 22x57 with 5 clear pixels on each side so that the numbers won't hide one another. Is there a way to make a bigger spacing between the numbers so that I can created thicker numbers?? I tried moving them to the side using teh "bounds" thingie but carbide claims it's a read only option. just 2 pixels would make my life so much easier.. if you have an idea I'd appreciate it a lot!

question 3:
    is there any option to change the font in carbide?? i want the texts of my phone to be a bit thicker and larger...

question 4:
    I want to know if animated gifs is something that is supported by n95, and how it can be implimented in carbide which seems to object to my trying to animate anything...

I'd appreciate it a lot.

thanks for taking the time to reading this.

Liran.

Regular Contributor

Re: I updated N95's firmware to 20.0. from 11.0 and now I have no clock HELP!

Regrettably no solution for your very first problem so far*, but some answers for your questions:

Question 1:
    (Received messages problem):
    To make the text legible, give contrasting colours to
    "Colours --> Link Highlight" (that's the pane)
    and
    "Colours --> Cut\Copy\Paste\Highlight --> Link Text and Underline Indication" (that's the highlighted text)

(Alarm clock setting problem):
    Select two different colours contrasting white to
    "Colours --> Cut\Copy\Paste\Highlighted Item" (that's the highlighted digits)
    and
    "Colours --> Input Frame Items --> Query Text Entry" (the non-highlighted digits)

Question 2:
    That's not possible with the Carbide UI.

Question3:
    No, there isn't.

Question 4:
    Animated gifs are supported by the N95 only as screensavers.
    You can add one to your theme in Carbide UI via "Multimedia --> Screensaver".
    Just copy/paste it there via right-click.
    Then you have to activate it in your phone by applying your theme, selecting it in your theme list and select "Options --> Edit --> Power saver".

*Did you create the numbers of your digital clock in a vector program? Do you use SVG images for your digital clock?
    Last edited by Le Pharao; 2008-03-30 at 20:22.

thanks a lot for the pane thingie.. that was great help...

about the digist, no, I dont use svg, I changed the format to bmp, but it worked great in version 11 of the firmware, only since yesterday the numbers suddenly decided they dont like me anymore, but other themes that I put, DO show the numbers.

Is there any way that I can send my numbers or my theme here, and someone can see what I did wrong?

thanks a LOT

Liran.

Regular Contributor

Hmm... Since one isn't allowed to post attachments here, the only way would be to upload the .tdf file and numbers at a filehoster I think.
    Last edited by Le Pharao; 2008-03-31 at 19:17.

thanks a lot!

first of all I tried the pane thingie that you have adviced, and it didnt really change anything, but I can live with that.

The numbers thingie, after you have asked me about the svg thingie, I pressed "clear" on all the numbers, and go tthe original ones, they are not visible to my site, but they do appear.. so mybe the problem IS with the fact that it's not svg? Maybe version 20.0 doesnt accept bmp's as a clock??

I dont know any file hoster,I'd appreciate it a lot of you could gie me a link or something where I can zip the theme project adn send it to you.

thanks VERY VERY MUCH...

Liran.

Regular Contributor

Thanks a LOT Mr Pharao!

you he no idea how much I appreciate your help!

(Even though us Jews have suffered a lot from your reign ... but now passover is coming soon, so all is forgiven and forgotten )

Here's the link, I uploaded a pack with all my theme thingie... the tfd, the bmp's and the numbers ...

link: liranhelp.zip - 9.39MB

or: http://www.zshare.net/download/9926880ac39035/

thanks a lot

Liran.

Regular Contributor

Thanks for uploading the files for analysis.
    On my handset your numbers look perfectly ok. (Cool "0" and "2" by the way)
    Seems, version 20.0 really doesn't "like" BMP files for digital clock.
    Have you tried to copy the SVG numbers and number shapes from p.ex. the "City" theme that comes with the Carbide UI and paste them into your theme? Does that work?

yes, I tried, svg's work.

I dont know how to deal with svg's ... can ImageReady CS2 do that? It's important forme to make my own numbers because that way I can ensure visibility for myself.

I REALLY appreciate all your effort.

thanks a lot

Liran.

Regular Contributor

No, you need a vector graphic program to create svg numbers.
    Creating .svg numbers with Adobe Illustrator works quite well and if you have the possibility to use AI, then I'd guide you through the process.
    I also tried to do numbers with the free vector program Inkscape but always get an error message when I try to copy/paste them into the Carbide UI.
    I don't know if there are any alternatives to the mentioned programs, perhaps someone else out there?

Ok, I downloaded AI... And I tried opening the nokia svg numbers... The problem is that all I see is a white on white screen that I dont really know what to do with.

As I told you, i'm visually impaired, and too much white that cant be changed (my computer, and my phone, and my everything is white on black background otherwise my eyes cant see them), than it hurts my eyes, and I cant even look at the screen.

If you have an easy tip, It's cool, If not, I think I'll leave my quest and just get by with what I have .

Thanks a lot.

Liran.

Regular Contributor

Ah, I see. My proposal would have been to draw your own numbers in AI, but that would mean to deal with hard-to-see "transparent on white" forms and seems no good idea in your case.
    Would it be ok for you if I created a set of white .svg numbers and appendant masks for you, on the basis of your old .bmp numbers?
    (and to get VERY drunk together if your N95 doesn't swallow them, either? ;-)

You're such a good person...

I want to thank you very much for your proposal.

I wouldn't feel nice asking someone to do such a thing for me.

If you really feel like it's a challange and you want to do it, I would, of course, not object... But I don't want you to feel like you're obligated to that.

about getting drunk together... - sounds like a very good idea

Thanks very much.

Liran.

Regular Contributor

That's no problem. You guessed it right, such issues are in fact some kind of "challenge" to me. I'm very curious when it comes to solving theme problems and uploaded a .svg number set now. You can just copy/paste the numbers via right-click into your theme. Hope it will work.
    If not, then >>> whiskey ;-)

http://www.zshare.net/download/10056468e9edd91b/

Unfortunately...

No whiskey for us...

It worked!!!!

thanks SO VERY MUCH!

by the way, I can tell you that you did a good deed not just for me, becuase by the time I reached Zshare there were already 2 downloads of your file, so I guesse other people are using it as well.

Thanks again

Liran