Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Eclipse+Pydev: Project location already exists

Hi,

I installed last night latest versions of Eclipse and Pydev. At setup I got as far as creating a project, which went ok - but then I deleted that specific project! Now I cannot create a new one with same path:

Path: C:\Symbian\9.1\S60_3rd_MR\Epoc32\winscw\c\python
    Error: Project location already exists
    Question1: How can I completely delete the "old" project so that I could create a new one? I just did "delete" operation from menu. Seems like it wasn't enough. Where is the rest hidden?

Question2: If I cannot delete the first project, then where can I find it now? Cannot find it from any history, windows, menu items etc.

...google didn't reveal anything useful. Only that switching workspace is supposed to fix the problem, but didn't help.

Yes, I could create a new unique path from now on, but still would like to setup at least one project into emulator's s60 default folder.

Yes, I can live without Eclipse. Flipped a coin between Komodo and Eclipse, the latter won. Currently I'm using ConText, but could use a few more python programming related features (class browser, tooltips, folding etc.)

Cheers,

--jouni

Regular Contributor

Re: Eclipse+Pydev: Project location already exists

Quote Originally Posted by JOM View Post
    Hi,

Question1: How can I completely delete the "old" project so that I could create a new one? I just did "delete" operation from menu. Seems like it wasn't enough. Where is the rest hidden?

Question2: If I cannot delete the first project, then where can I find it now? Cannot find it from any history, windows, menu items etc.

...google didn't reveal anything useful. Only that switching workspace is supposed to fix the problem, but didn't help.
    Cheers,

--jouni
    1) Files are probably still lying in the file system. Use Windows Explorer to delete the project folder.

2) Check your workspace folder in Windows Explorer. You can move the project away and then reimport it with "Import project" feature.
    Mikko Ohtamaa

http://mfabrik.com
    http://blog.mfabrik.com

Super Contributor

Re: Eclipse+Pydev: Project location already exists

Success!

I found two files ".project" and ".pydevproject" in the folder. Removed and created a new project in 5 seconds.

Thanx,

--jouni