Discussion Board

Thread: XP and PC Suite

XP and PC Suite

I have installed the latest PC suite on my machine with windows XP, however, it will not detect my phone (6210). The cable (DLR-3P) shows up in the connection manager, but it can not detect the phone - HELP!

thanks

RE: XP and PC Suite

Hello there,
    Iknow this probably sounds pretty basic, but have you tried simply re-booting when it won't start. I have trouble sometimes with my 9210, but re-booting usually starts it.
    Regards,
    David Lees.

Regular Contributor

Hi,

As the Nokia PC Suite does not currently support Windows XP the Suite does not work correctly and you might experience problems like this. However there is many users that have successfully used Nokia 6210 with Windows XP and Nokia PC Suite. When there is detection problem like this, as said by dleesagent rebooting could help. Or sometimes connecting the battery charger to the phone could help the PC Suite to find the phone.

Best regards,

Marko Tuukkanen
    Forum Nokia

i'm also having this kind of problem.
    winXP, nokia 3360, bafo IrDA, and pc suite that i just downloaded today (whatever the current version is).

XP senses the IrDA, it senses the IR from the phone (sometimes), and says the phone is in range. during install of PC Suite, it accepted the test connection. but the connection manager absolutely will not detect the actual phone, so none of the programs will work.

i've had to reboot numerous times, and reinstalled PC Suite because its programs were taking 5-10 minutes simply to load up, and the connection manager often just locked up.

the 3360 has no obvious problem with the connection, it sees it.

any other suggestions? much appreciated... i lost my last phone rather suddenly and don't want to risk losing all my phone numbers again :-(

if you are using BAFO(simtel) usb-IR then you may try the following

This is the solution that I found from irda.org newsgroup and I have verified it. thanks to wouter.

Re: More Nokia 7210 IrDA Issues - 3/10/2003 - wouter
    Message Text:

go to control panel / wireless link / hardware / properties / advanced, and select Vishay 6101E, trunaround=1 Ms / speed enable=115200. It will work.

Driver problem

hi there
    i have also fased this kind of problem with nokia 6210 and DLR3p but the cable i have used is for the USB port. and their is a CD with the cable which instaals the drivers which converts the USB connection to Serial.
    and for that purpose that driver which makes this bridge connection will not be supported in WINDOWS XP so i have installed it on 2000.
    Maybe u have this kind of prblem.
    and if the deiver is not installed then their no way for the detect of mobile.