Discussion Board

Sticky Situation with no Publisher ID

Hey,

So, I began developing for the N95 before the devcerts got really difficult to get. I actually have a devcert from Nokia R&D but I cannot get any applications to successfully use the positioning module. I get error -46 (Permission Denied) for all actions except positioning.position() which returns null data.

My Python Script Shell has been unable to get the Location capability even though I have signed it with my devcert with that capability. Any tips?

Regular Contributor

Re: Sticky Situation with no Publisher ID

Quote Originally Posted by julierico View Post
    Hey,

So, I began developing for the N95 before the devcerts got really difficult to get. I actually have a devcert from Nokia R&D but I cannot get any applications to successfully use the positioning module. I get error -46 (Permission Denied) for all actions except positioning.position() which returns null data.

My Python Script Shell has been unable to get the Location capability even though I have signed it with my devcert with that capability. Any tips?
    Hi julierico,

You say that you have signed your shell with your dev cert. So then you must be able to get the gsm.location() as well as you can use the postioning module.

Only this is possible if you haven't signed with correct capabilities. So do check up on that.
    Kandyfloss

V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610