Discussion Board

Nokia 6280 No Class Def Found Error

Hi, I've got the following problem:

my aplication use class DefaultHandler
    (org.xml.sax.helpers.DefaultHandler), there are four classes which extends this class
    the problem occurs when I'm running my program on Nokia 6280 (it was tested on several other devices and emulators e.g. Nokia E51 or Nokia N70) - the problem occurs when I'm trying to create object of the class which extends DefaultHandler (comunicate on the phone is: No Class Def Found Error java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError org/xml/sax/helpers/DefaultHandler)

Like I was saying the application works without any problems on any other phone, but on this there is this bug. Does anyone could help me with this beacuse I can't find any solution of this from the very long time. I will be very greatfull for any help.

Sorry for my english

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia 6280 No Class Def Found Error

E51 and N70 support JSR-172 (Web Services API). 6280 (which is a Series 40 3rd Edition device) does not. hence the org.xml... classes do not exist on the phone
    http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6280

Hartti

Thanks for your reply, I've got a question: is it possible to compile source code of classes which are use from JSR 172 with the whole project and run on the phone which does not support JSR 172, do you think that this kind of solution can help? or maybe when the mobile phone does not support some JSR it is immposible to run a program which used this JSR.

Super Contributor

JSR-172 can be really implemented using Java only, so yes in theory this is possible (you ned to check the RI for this is they are using standard Java ME classes only). However, you need to have a separate version of the MIDlet for JSR-172 devices (without the Web Service classes).

Hartti