Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Question doubts on symbian signing UNI - 10 testcase

dear all,

I have one doubt related to test case UNI - 10 Scalable UI Compliance (S60 3rd Edition or UIQ3.x) of symbian signing test cases.

There is one exception for that case which tells Application Provides warning to user upon first startup
    If an application fails this test, it may be granted an exception if it provides appropriate error
    message, e.g. “Screen Resolution Not Supported”, to the end user to indicate that the device’s
    screen resolution is not supported

is it sufficient if i show the error message on first time launch of the application, or every time end user launches the application i should show the error msg “Screen Resolution Not Supported” to clear symbian signing

plz help me in this regard

VK

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: doubts on symbian signing UNI - 10 testcase

if it is not supposed to work on that resouluation, I would assume it would be reasonable to show the error message in each launching time.

Regular Contributor

Question Re: doubts on symbian signing UNI - 10 testcase

yucca,

thank u for ur help

i have below 2 queries

1. from symbian signing perspective if error msg is showed for first time launch is it suffcient to clear symbian signing.

my application don't support only portrait to landscape and vice versa,
    and I guess only N95 has that landscape to portrait change.

my application dont work only for that case

is there any api which tells me on first launch what is the device on which it is getting installed so that if my application is getting installed on N95 then only i can show that msg.

with regards
    VK

you could also check possibilities on locking it to one layout. Machine UID would of course tell you which device you are running in.

Whatever could be the reason for your application not to support a given layout it should be at least able to detect the layout change (trivial) and display a decent message for the user to know that he/she should switch back to the supported mode.

The Symbian Signed tests should not be passed at a minimum and only because they are required. What the tests are all about is good user experience and that should be your interest too.
    Last edited by ltomuta; 2008-04-12 at 23:05.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite