Discussion Board

Suppress popup screens for embedded SISX

Hi,

Is there a way to suppress additional popup screens for embedded SISX files during the installation process? How does that work (at least I saw a person from Nokia once who accomplished this - so it's not impossible. But this was some time ago)?

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Suppress popup screens for embedded SISX

would work, but would also make two separate installation, thus removing the main sis, would not remove the "Embedded" installation as it would have been done with normal embedding.

Hi symbianyucca,

I would like to re-open this issue. Can you elaborate a little more about creating two sisx files instead of one main sisx with one embedded sisx?

I have this problem again in a new project and would like to know if there is a simple way to suppress the messages which popup when you install a sisx with an embedded sisx?

If I use two sisx files then the user has to install the embedded.sisx first, then the main.sisx, correct? This situation is not desired in my project. The user should only download and install a single sisx file.

Is there any way without C++ programming to suppress the popup for embedded sisx files during installation?

I want to copy a 2001BC40.txt repository initialization file into c:\private\10202be9. For this purpose I do not see how you can avoid having an embedded sisx. To install 2001BC40.txt in c:\private\10202be9 the package header UID needs to be 10202be9 (the UID of the Central Repository server - owner of this private directory). Also I have to install my own application. So I embedded the SISX into the main SISX.

Any way to avoid the popups for the embedded SISX?

BR,

Rene
    Rene Heuven
    Inmote - Creative Smartphone Solutions
    Web: www.inmote.com
    E-mail: rene@inmote.com

Hi,
    Even in one of my application i had such a requirement where I needed to install two different application(which were using eah other) through single sis file. I guess you try to put all your data into single sis file with the mentioned UID and try if it installing your application, at least it worked fine for me.
    Maximus
    S60 Developer
    Impossible is nothing

you could always copy the sis file with the another isntallation as normal content, and then when the first installation's application is run first time, you could use Silent installation from your own application to install the second sis, then at least it would not have the pop up showing.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by heuven View Post
    I want to copy a 2001BC40.txt repository initialization file into c:\private\10202be9. For this purpose I do not see how you can avoid having an embedded sisx. To install 2001BC40.txt in c:\private\10202be9 the package header UID needs to be 10202be9 (the UID of the Central Repository server - owner of this private directory). Also I have to install my own application. So I embedded the SISX into the main SISX.

Any way to avoid the popups for the embedded SISX?

BR,

Rene
    You can create only one .pkg file and give all these entries there. I don't think it will create a problem. Hence you will have only one Sisx file.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team