Discussion Board

FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder m

Hello,
    i'm developing an application to use GPS and i'd like to use a module that unfortunatelly it's unsigned:

http://www.iyouit.eu/portal/software...uestor_3rd.sis
    Present on the website:
    http://www.iyouit.eu/portal/Software.aspx

In order to use it, i need to sign it.

I've done the following steps:
    1) sisinfo.py -f locationrequestor_3rd.sis -e locationrequestor_3rd

2)I found the file "_locationrequestor.pyd" under "C:\locationrequestor_3rd\sys\bin" and i've run:

3)ensymble.py altere32 --caps=LocalServices+Location+NetworkServices+PowerMgmt+ProtServ+ReadUserData+SurroundingsDD+SWEvent+UserEnvironment+WriteUserData+ReadDeviceData+TrustedUI+WriteDeviceData --uid=0xE0000000 _locationrequestor.pyd _locationrequestor.pyd

4) from the root folder, i'd wrote: ensymble.py simplesis locationrequestor_3rd

5) I checked the new sis file done (locationrequestor_3rd.sis) by "www.whythefuckwontmysisfileinstall.com" getting the error "This file requires more capabilities than are signed for!"
    hence

6)I tried to sign my file using "www.symbiansigned.com" introducing my IMEI and EMAIL but i've got the error:

"FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0x20012a09 )"

What does it mean?

Regular Contributor

Re: FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account hold

I'm trying to get the version of the application signed and installed on my phone, but the symbian signed website is returning this error:

FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account holder matching this email address (0xa00001fa )

A few weeks ago I didn't have to change anything to get the Brctrl app signed. What does this error mean?
    Regards,
    Sunitha.M

Super Contributor

Re: FAILURE: Submitted .sis file uses a UID that is not allocated to the account hold

It means that your application has a UID in the protected range, and such apps can only be signed using Open Signed Offline, Express Signed or Certified Signed. Open Signed Online requires the UID to be within 0xE0000000...0xEFFFFFFF.

Regular Contributor

So, can I change the UID manually in mmp file ?
    what is the solution for that...
    Regards,
    Sunitha.M

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sunitha.m13 View Post
    So, can I change the UID manually in mmp file ?
    what is the solution for that...
    hello sunitha

if you want to change the uid of the application then you need to mention that in the UID option of application packager.

Regards,

Regular Contributor

I am not aware of this.
    Can you tell me in detail...
    Regards,
    Sunitha.M

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sunitha.m13 View Post
    I am not aware of this.
    Can you tell me in detail...
    if you have used the application packager then its self explanatory otherwise download it from garage maemo and check that.

Hope this helps