Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

OpenStreetMap for Pys60

Did anyone try to implement an openstreetmap database and can display the data from the database as vector-graphic in pys60?
    There is a very nice reference !!!open source!!! software which is working pretty fine on 3rd edition:
    WhereAmI
    (This maybe would be a good starting point to do some reverse engineering.)

Furthermore I want to draw your attention to the Windows Program PYROUTE which is 100% python. Would it be possible to port this application to pys60?

I'd like to discuss the possibility to do something similar in pys60.
    If not, what parts are missing?
    I'm hoping for lots of response and ideas

I want to encourage anyone owning a GPS devices to take part in the OPENSTREETMAP project. The goal is to provide free map data of the whole planet (similar to google earth). Free of any restrictions or fees for anyone on the planet.

There are local openstreetmap-groups and meetings in many countries and cities already.

kind regards
    novis

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: OpenStreetMap for Pys60

Quote Originally Posted by novis View Post
    Did anyone try to implement an openstreetmap database and can display the data from the database as vector-graphic in pys60?
    There is a very nice reference !!!open source!!! software which is working pretty fine on 3rd edition:
    WhereAmI
    (This maybe would be a good starting point to do some reverse engineering.)

Furthermore I want to draw your attention to the Windows Program PYROUTE which is 100% python. Would it be possible to port this application to pys60?

I'd like to discuss the possibility to do something similar in pys60.
    If not, what parts are missing?
    I'm hoping for lots of response and ideas

I want to encourage anyone owning a GPS devices to take part in the OPENSTREETMAP project. The goal is to provide free map data of the whole planet (similar to google earth). Free of any restrictions or fees for anyone on the planet.

There are local openstreetmap-groups and meetings in many countries and cities already.

kind regards
    novis
    Hi novis,

Nice project it is.
    The goal is to provide free map data of the whole planet (similar to google earth). Free of any restrictions or fees for anyone on the planet.
    Well, I think we have many map applications coming up these days for mobile devices, I would like to be a part of a project which has something more innovative than the other applications

Best Regards
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Hi.....
    Can anyone plz suggest me ...
    Actually i am developing the Wap site , which is having geo maps.
    iam using XHTML MP, WML , WMlS.
    Now i got struck to load the maps from my site.

I have 2 text boxes From and To in my website
    wen i enter the to places the next page has to shw me the map according to the locations ..

I think we can connect our site to Open Street Map .
    but i am not getting.

Plz help me.
    thanks in advance
    Naresh.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by novis View Post
    I am starting to play around this. I'll let you know when I have something to show.
    --
    Aapo Rista
    http://code.google.com/p/pys60gps/
    http://opennetmap.org/