Discussion Board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: JSR 293: LBS Goes Social

Hi,

Thanks for the answer, however the link you are refferring to points to jsr179. My question concerns jsr 293, http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communitypr...293/index.html.

There is a constructor of the landmark object

Landmark(java.lang.String name, java.lang.String description, QualifiedCoordinates coordinates, AddressInfo addressInfo, int identifier, GeographicArea area, java.lang.String author, java.lang.String extraInfo)

and programmer HAS the option to choose the identifier. So it seems my questions are still valid in the context of jsr293.

So... Could you try to answer my previos questions in context of jsr293, Location API 2.0?

Thanks in advance,
    Wojciech

Quote Originally Posted by mikemoore View Post
    Actually, I can't... I looked here.

However, it seems that the document you are reading was actually written to describe how someone would implement the API, not use the API.

Since it is is not possible for you as a developer using the API to change a Landmark identifier, you do not need to worry about what this means.

- Mike
    NAVTEQ Network for Developers
    The community for developing innovative location-based applications
    http://NN4D.com

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by wmlynar View Post
    Hi!

Another question, clarification about landmark store this time:

You can find following sentence in the JavaDoc of LandmarkStore.addLandmark method:

"If the Landmark object is an instance that does not belong to this LandmarkStore and the identifier for the landmark has been set to value 0, the implementation must check that there is not already a landmark with the same identifier and author combination in the LandmarkStore"

In other words in one LandmarkStore there can be many Landmarks in the with the same id and author BUT NOT when id is 0. There can be only one landmark with particular author and id=0. What is the reason for that?

On the other hand there is a constant Landmark.NO_IDENTIFIER = -1

Would you be so kind to clarify what is the difference between id=0 and id=-1?

Thanks in advance,
    Wojciech
    You are misquoting the JSR specifications:

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_JCP-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=location-2.0-fr-oth-JSpec@CDS-CDS_JCP"]JSR-000293 Location API 2.0 Final Release specification[/URL]
    If the Landmark object that is passed as a parameter is an instance initially constructed by the application using the constructor or an instance that belongs to a different LandmarkStore , a new landmark will be created in this LandmarkStore and it will belong initially to only the category specified in the category parameter. If the Landmark object is an instance that does not belong to this LandmarkStore and the identifier for the landmark has been set to value > 0, the implementation must check that there is not already a landmark with the same identifier and author combination in the LandmarkStore. If there is, an IllegalArgumentException is thrown. After this method call, the Landmark object that is passed as a parameter belongs to this LandmarkStore .
    Also

Quote Originally Posted by [URL="https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_JCP-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=location-2.0-fr-oth-JSpec@CDS-CDS_JCP"]JSR-000293 Location API 2.0 Final Release specification[/URL]
    In version 2.0 of the Location API, new fields are added to the landmark. These fields are identifier , author , extraInfo , geographicArea , urls and timestamp . The identifier and author combination is unique inside a landmark store and allows the application developers refer to specified landmarks even though the name of the landmark has changed. The author indicates the provider or developer of the landmark and it should be a reverse domain name.
    So, it is the combination of the identifier and author that has to be unique and the API must ensure this. If you specify an identifier then it must be checked that together with the author they form a valid and unique key.

NO_IDENTIFIER is only defined starting with the version 2.0 of the JSR specs so could it be that earlier it was 0 that was designating an undefined identifier? It that is the case that explains why 0 has now a special status otherwise the statement above should have been "value >= 0" or "value different than NO_IDENTIFIER".

I am not a Java developer so I'm not up to date with this but this issue should be easily clarified if you check a previous version of the JSR specs or if you try and see how the API behaves when you attempt to add a landmark with duplicate identifier 0 and same author.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wmlynar View Post
    Could you try to answer my previos questions in context of jsr293.
    Interesting... I wasn't aware that Nokia had any devices that supported JSR293. Which device are you using?

- Mike
    NAVTEQ Network for Developers
    The community for developing innovative location-based applications
    http://NN4D.com

delete this
    Last edited by pioszczep79; 2009-08-11 at 13:27. Reason: originally edited from unused account

Hi I am back to this forum thread after long time

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    You are misquoting the JSR specifications
    You are right... I used CODAVAJ tool that reverse engineers javadoc into empty classes. And CODAVAJ probably has a bug because it removed the " > " sign from the JavaDoc! Thanks for the answer

Cool Re: JSR 293: LBS Goes Social

Hi Jaana, Carl and friends!

I have been using the JSR-293 API for a while and I have two basic questions about it.

1. Besides the Prototype 4.0 S60 MIDP Emulator in JSR-293 Reference Implementation RI (1.0a) which I use now, what another emulator(s) can I use to test my codes?

2. How can I test my codes on a mobile device?, is there any device that supports the Location API 2.0 today?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Gerardo A. Cataño C.