Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Arrow Building standalon EXEs and creating user distributable SIS files

Hi,

Since it has been so often asked here, I wrote a blog entry about automatized build process of creating user distributable SIS files from PyS60 source code.

The blog post should give the overview of the process. However, as the great minds have expressed, the devil is in the details.
    Mikko Ohtamaa

http://mfabrik.com
    http://blog.mfabrik.com

Super Contributor

Re: Building standalon EXEs and creating user distributable SIS files

Nice story, pictures always help! Symbian (Nokia) should have done such in the first place! One could wonder, if "they" actually know how the system works or whether "they" are just too embarrassed about it. In any case bad developer experience, bad user experience and bad customer support experience.

Regardless of everything PyS60 has so much potential... Even regardless of Symbian Signed!

Btw do you mean user can screw up the installation by REMOVING parts of the application/system by mistake? There's nothing to stop user from doing that? No counters, which would know that part A belongs to installation B and is needed until B is removed first?

I have to confess I do "clean up" systems every now and then by removing parts which I don't use/recognize any more.

Scary idea,

--jouni feeling especially sorry for Customer Support

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by miohtama View Post
    Hi,

Since it has been so often asked here, I wrote a blog entry about automatized build process of creating user distributable SIS files from PyS60 source code.

The blog post should give the overview of the process. However, as the great minds have expressed, the devil is in the details.
    This picture in the article is really very informative.

Cheers
    Kandyfloss

V 7.0642.0
    18-10-06
    RH-51
    Nokia 7610

Quote Originally Posted by miohtama View Post
    Hi,

its a bad idea! in this method you'll can install only one (1) sis file, for installing another you must uninstall your first sis file