Discussion Board

Problem using CTelephony::DialNewCall.

I have tried to make an outgoing call using CTelephony:: DialNewCall. I guess the attributes passed are all correct, still it always gives the 'Call Disconnected' message. Only for the 1st time i was able to make a call. So what could be the possible reasons.
    Last edited by seemaK; 2008-04-19 at 09:18. Reason: Incorrect explaination

Nokia Developer Champion

Smile Re: Problem using CTelephony::DialNewCall.

Quote Originally Posted by seemaK View Post
    I have tried to make an outgoing call using CTelephony:: DialNewCall. I guess the attributes passed are all correct, still it always gives the 'Call Disconnected' message. Only for the 1st time i was able to make a call. So what could be the possible reasons.
    And here is the reason: KIS000892 - DialNewCall API gives connection error in dual mode

Kiran.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Re: Problem using CTelephony::DialNewCall.

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    This known issue describes the problem that my application encounter on E65 and E51, when disconnecting outgoing call and immediatly calling again using CTelephony :: DialNewCall(). The connection error appears only when having the phone connected to 3G.

My conclusion is that the solution of this problem is deep in phone firmware, since it on some devices is solved by updating the firmware. Can someone tell if Nokia has fixed this in any new firmware version for E51 and E65? For E51 the problem is still there in firware v 200.34.36.

Please advice.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The KI says:

This known issue was originally created by Krugliy and has been verified by Forum Nokia.
    This is nice but I will have to verify with my colleagues the details about the performed verification. To my knowledge this defect is due to configuration issues in the operator's networks.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Moderator

Should actually update that known issue, it was done when the investigation was still on process, and is not actually correct at all. Basically the problem is that the first call is not released by the network before the second call attempt is made, thus the network does not want to take the second call. This is operator specific problem, and during the spring, at least all Finnish operators did fix the problem, and in Finland at least this problem is non-reproducable anymore.