Discussion Board

CTelephony::DialNewCall is not working on CUG enabled sims.

Hi,

I am unable to make an outgoing call using CTelephony:: DialNewCall, on CUG(Closed User Group) enabled SIMs on 9.2 & 9.1 devices. It always gives message 'Call Disconnected' & returns error code -2 in the RunL callback.

Whereas same code with CTelephony:: DialNewCall, is working fine on normal GPRS enabled SIMs without CUG settings.

Using CUG enabled SIM & RCall:: Dial, i was able to make an outgoing call. But since RCall is said to be deprecated i have to use CTelephony calls.

What could be the possible reasons?? Are there any restrictions for using CTelephony calls? or is there any other setting to be done specific to SIM?
    Last edited by seemaK; 2008-04-21 at 15:02. Reason: Corrections

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: CTelephony::DialNewCall is not working on CUG enabled sims.

There are at least 3 other ways on doing calls, as shown in following exmaple: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ncy_Caller.zip

Just remember to set the emergency calls to EFalse, so it makes normal calls. Also AT commands do allow making calls, here's link to AT commands example: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...T_Commands.zip

Unhappy Re: CTelephony::DialNewCall is not working on CUG enabled sims.

Hi symbianyucca,

Same issue here....the links provided by you is using AT commands to make call.Also with the 1st link when i'm trying,it gives lots of errors as several header file are not present in the SDK.I'm trying for 9.1 and 9.2 devices.

Please tell that how the CUG issue can be solved using the CTelephony API.

When I'm using RCall it works fine with dialing call(even with CUG enabled sims) but when the other party hangs up, the application crashes.Its perhaps because RCall is deprecated.

But with CTelephony its not establishing the call at all with CUG enabled sims.But works absolutly fine with non CUG enabled sims.

Experts Please help.....

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am facing the same issue with application on E51 while calling from CUG enabled sim card. Any success on this issue? Is there any changes that can be done to avoid this issue?

Thanks
    Rajat

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav C View Post
    When I'm using RCall it works fine with dialing call(even with CUG enabled sims) but when the other party hangs up, the application crashes.Its perhaps because RCall is deprecated.
    I have used RCall with N95 and it seems to work ok with it. My guess would be that you have bug in your own code.

Have you found any solution, how to initiate voice call with CUG and CTelephony.

I'm just wondering why ETel api was replaced by CTelephony, which can't handle video calls and is lacking also other functionalies...

Regular Contributor

Hi,

I am having the same problem with CTelephony, my application can make Out going call very well if normal SIM card(CUG disabled) is inserted. But my application can not make outgoing calls if CUG enabled SIM is inserted.

Even I tried AT command interface and used ATD(AT command) to make a call but still my call gets dropped & "Select Closed User Group" pop-up comes.

I have also tried by setting Closed user group disabled in Phone and SIM card settings. but could not find any success?

What should I do to make it work???

Thanks in Advance.

Regular Contributor

I have used RCall to test outgoing call with CUG enabled SIM.

But still unable to make outgoing call, as well as i make out going call, call gets terminated & "unknown closed user group" pop-up comes. where as out going call is possible with same device settings.

why its happening?

Did any of you find a solution for dialing a number from CUG sims. Also how to detect if a SIM is CUG.