Discussion Board

Thread: RMobileONStore

RMobileONStore

Hi all,
    I am using the RMobileONStore API to get the MISDN on my device. However I am encoutering problems.

I am using the following code: (http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...n_phone_number) to try to retrieve my MIDDN. I have the necessary access to the Binary access kit. However when I get to the section:

if(status.Int() == KErrNone)
    {
    CheckCapabilities(ownStoreInfo.iCaps);

if(ownStoreInfo.iUsedEntries < 1)
    {
    console->Printf(_L("No entry found.\n"));
    User::Leave(KErrNotFound);
    }
    }
    else
    {
    User::Leave(status.Int());
    }

the application leaves with a KErrPermissionDenied.

Originally I had thought that this was a Permissions issue but after looking up the documentation I see that the APi requires ReadUserData permission which I have.

I am now thinking that it is the TSY that is retruning this error as it does not support the functionality. I am working on an N73 device.

Has anybody else seen this problem or managed to resolve it? I am particularly interested in the S60 third edition paltform.

Could anyone explain more about how this API works. Does it look for the MISDN on the SIM card or does it request it on the network. If it looks on the SIM maybe my problem is that the SIM card I am using does not have the MISDN on it.

If it requested from the network then then could you be guarnteed that this API will retrieve it for all networks? Perhaps it is dependant on the operator?

All help appreciated.
    ~b

Super Contributor

Re: RMobileONStore

The TSY provides the implementation for the own number store, however in practise this just calls down into the SIM. In internal tests we did we had about a 10 - 20% success rate getting the number due to the fact it is not stored on the phone these days.

As the phone does not need to know its own number there is little requirement to store it on device.

I would have expected a higher capability requirement however.
    Download Symbian OS now! [url]http://developer.symbian.org[/url]

Re: RMobileONStore

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the reply.

I had also thought that it would need more permissions. However here is a list from Symbian detailing all permissions that are needed for telephony
    http://www.symbian.com/developer/tec...migration.html

I had also seen somewhere else that ReadUserData was the exact permission that I needed but cant find that page now. Anyhow I have all permissions listed above.

So now it looks like I cant get the MISDN and even if I could it would all depend on the SIM card containing it. What a pity. It would be a useful piece of data to obtain locally.

Thanks,
    Brian