Discussion Board

Question Start_server and Camera

I'm trying to use the camera module in a background process started using e32.start_server. But when I start using the module (import it), the script refuses to start as a background process. PyS60 Library Reference doesn't say anything about limitations or extra capabilities required. I hope it's only related to capabilities, not a fixed limitation of server processes.

Any updates on custom launcher EXE support in Uikludges? Or any other workarounds than the one provided by miohtama for being able to grant more capabilities for a server process for personal use?

Regular Contributor

Re: Start_server and Camera

Quote Originally Posted by sampok View Post
    I'm trying to use the camera module in a background process started using e32.start_server. But when I start using the module (import it), the script refuses to start as a background process. PyS60 Library Reference doesn't say anything about limitations or extra capabilities required. I hope it's only related to capabilities, not a fixed limitation of server processes.

Any updates on custom launcher EXE support in Uikludges? Or any other workarounds than the one provided by miohtama for being able to grant more capabilities for a server process for personal use?
    Not yet

You can see the capabilities of background processes by checking python_launcher.exe with sisinfo tool:

Code:
    python \sisinfo\sisinfo.py  -i -f nokia_sis\PythonForS60_1_4_1_3rdEd.SIS

c:\resource\select.py
    !:\sys\bin\python_launcher.exe
    c:\sys\bin\e32db.pyd [CommDD PowerMgmt MultimediaDD ReadDeviceData WriteDeviceData TrustedUI ProtServ DiskAdmin NetworkControl SwEvent Ne
    rkServices LocalServices ReadUserData WriteUserData Location SurroundingsDD UserEnvironment]
    As you can see python_launcher.exe does not have any capabilities and is thus next to useless with its default settings.
    Mikko Ohtamaa

http://mfabrik.com
    http://blog.mfabrik.com