Discussion Board

I would like to know how to make a complaint to Nokia?

The GPS on my E90 isn't working but my emails to Nokia about this have all been ignored. I have therefore tried to phone, but I am endlessly put on hold (so far this has cost me £20 in phone calls alone), or else the phone goes dead. I've now tried to contact Nokia 10 times and have had no luck. I would like to put in a complaint in the hope that Nokia will finally give me some assistance if I do so. I can't find any details about how to make a complaint on the website and in desperation and posting on here in the hope that somebody can help me!
    Update 1: I have now phoned up the 'Nokia care' line and have asked to be put through to the Complaints Department ... and once again have been put on hold (I've now been waiting on hold for 20 minutes and no-one has picked up yet - once again costing me a lot of money as it's an 0845 number).
    Update 2: Hooray! After being put on hold for 50 minutes(!) I've finally got through to somebody from technical support, who so far is being very helpful (she's going to phone me back in 10 minutes) ...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: I would like to know how to make a complaint to Nokia?

Quote Originally Posted by njasmith View Post
    The GPS on my E90 isn't working but my emails to Nokia about this have all been ignored. I have therefore tried to phone, but I am endlessly put on hold (so far this has cost me £20 in phone calls alone), or else the phone goes dead. I've now tried to contact Nokia 10 times and have had no luck. I would like to put in a complaint in the hope that Nokia will finally give me some assistance if I do so. I can't find any details about how to make a complaint on the website and in desperation and posting on here in the hope that somebody can help me!
    Update 1: I have now phoned up the 'Nokia care' line and have asked to be put through to the Complaints Department ... and once again have been put on hold (I've now been waiting on hold for 20 minutes and no-one has picked up yet - once again costing me a lot of money as it's an 0845 number).
    Update 2: Hooray! After being put on hold for 50 minutes(!) I've finally got through to somebody from technical support, who so far is being very helpful (she's going to phone me back in 10 minutes) ...
    Well, am sorry to hear your problem, but in my opinion taking your device to the nearest Nokia Authorised service centre would help.
    Besides, this forum is a software developers forum, I guess you might find better help if you address this issue in the end users forum http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

Good luck!!

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

I sympathize with you, there is nothing more frustrating than getting poor service and Nokia prides itself on good customer service. Forum Nokia is for developer support and sometimes those developers are competing with internal Nokia developers or are working for multiple mobile devices. As a result we must have a clean break from the hardware side of things and I have no means to communicate to Nokia on their end user product comments.

What I suggest is that you go to the http://www.nokia.com and at the bottom there usually is a contact or about us links. One of them should have a list of PR firms and other phone numbers. I'd try calling or writing to those address to see if they can put some pressure on.

I am closing this thread as it really isn't relevant to development.

Ron

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia Ron View Post
    I am closing this thread as it really isn't relevant to development.

Ron
    Seems like you overlooked closing the thread