Discussion Board

Question How to launch flash file in emulator and embed flash file in c++ application

Hi,

I have a swf file which I would like to launch in the emulator.

I have S60_3rd_MR edition.
    More over I also would like to programmatically load the swf file in my application. I have tried using iHandler->OpenFileEmbeddedL(), but it fails with error "unknown File type"

Regards

--MVP

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: How to launch flash file in emulator and embed flash file in c++ application

Maybe this good article from Leonardo Risuleo about FlashLite embedding within Symbian apps can help you:

http://www.scriptamanentgroup.net/byte/?p=186

Pit

Re: How to launch flash file in emulator and embed flash file in c++ application

Hi,

Thanks for the response. This thing I have already tried out. With this thing I am getting error "Unknown File Format" on the emulator.

I checked epocwind and it seems it is not able to find the recogniser for the file.

Are there any binaries available for plugging flash player in emulator?

Regards

-MVP

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

when you say the emulator I am assume the S60 SDK. Which version do you have?

update: just noticed you mention you have the S60 SDK MR. This version does not have FL1.1 integrated. You need to download the S60 3rd Ed SDK from January.

Alessandro
    Last edited by biskero; 2008-05-06 at 13:40.

Hi Alessandro,

Thanks for the input. I just saw the sdk edition you mentioned. It seems its a 2006 edition.

Hmm... But shouldn't the next editions of sdk continue to support the previous edition features or atleast have a downloadable patch. Its difficult to jump between sdks just for one feature.

Even S60 SDK 3rd FP2 doesnot have flashlite viewer in it.

--MVP

Nokia Developer Champion

Ciao,

yes FL support in the S60 SDK have been removed after the SDK I mention. Not sure why!
    Some of the S40 SDK have FL.

Alessandro

Hi,

One more thing. How do I pass the input from my flash file to the symbian application in which this flash file is going to be embedded?

I am using flash 8 or flash lite 1.1 .

-Mrudul

Regular Contributor

Have you looked at KuneriLite?

One option is to have your native application publish data to localhost and read/write from Actionscript as well as the native application.
    -Riku

Hi Riku,

Thanks for the info. But it seems kunerlite can be used, only for development and testing of applications not really as a commercial one, unless ofcourse I buy it from the developers.

Your second point, I didn't get? Did you mean writing to file on disk (from flash)and reading(from symbian application) and doing the same viceversa?

Isn't that going to slow down the response on the UI? Moreover if there is no/low memory on the disk, will it not fail?

-Mrudul