Discussion Board

Thread: NOKIA UK promo

NOKIA UK promo

Hi to everyone specially the moderator of this forum. I just want to confirm whether Nokia UK launch a promo that involves $500,000 on this date onwards?

Hoping for your immediate help and response regarding the said subject matter.

Thanks in advance!

Dennis - Doha, Qatar

Super Contributor

Re: NOKIA UK promo

I assume you got that through an email. It's not for real, just a phony advertisement to get you to contact them and give your information so that they can rob you. If Nokia UK would have had the promo, clearly they would have featured it on their official site.

I received an sms that my mobile no has just won 400,000 GBpounds on the ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO ,I received a form and sended my details,another form came to select the courier service
    i selected FEDEX charges are 420 pounds, but they are asking me to send the courier charges in advance through WESTERN EXCHANGE,
    i am doubting about,is it ligit or a scam, can someone give me
    any informations?
    Thanks,
    Mohammed Jamil.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mohammedjamil View Post
    I received an sms that my mobile no has just won 400,000 GBpounds on the ongoing NOKIA UK PROMO ,I received a form and sended my details,another form came to select the courier service
    i selected FEDEX charges are 420 pounds, but they are asking me to send the courier charges in advance through WESTERN EXCHANGE,
    i am doubting about,is it ligit or a scam, can someone give me
    any informations?
    Thanks,
    Mohammed Jamil.
    Its obvious that it is a scam. When some company awards an amount as big as you said, would they think of some courier charges? Now-a-days you will receive tons of emails and probably sms by such scams. Only says that you have put your number/email id in tons of public places where these scamsters hunt.
    Even thinking that somebody would give a big amount without you doing anything (atleast enter yourself for a draw) is a hoax. So think of your 420 pounds that you saved as your gift
    Note:- Above are my personal opinions..not associated to any organization in anyway.

Super Contributor

mohammedjamil.

This is definitely scam.
    This has nothing to do with Nokia UK.
    Please do not send anymore information to the scammers and definitely do not send any money!

best regards
    Hartti Suomela
    Forum Nokia

The latest fraud SMS has come from BENIN, West Africa, from a number +22996668329.

Hello ,
    All of this messages are fake .
    Thanks ,
    Travel

Question Re: NOKIA UK promo

hy
    i just receive a message from +447920490379 and there is write: "your mobile number just won you 500,000GBP in the nokia promo 2010, for claims email mr.JERRY: nokia2010promo@.aol.com"
    it this an malevolent???
    somebody tell me
    thx

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sicu View Post
    hy
    i just receive a message from +447920490379 and there is write: "your mobile number just won you 500,000GBP in the nokia promo 2010, for claims email mr.JERRY: nokia2010promo@.aol.com"
    it this an malevolent???
    somebody tell me
    thx
    It's obviously fake. Don't send any information and just ignore it.

I received a similar message:

Congrat!Your cell phone number has won you £165,000 Pounds in the ongoing NOKIA PROMO UK.For claim Send Email to:Nokiaunituk1@hotmail.co.uk or +447045732473

but sent from +447508190076

Interesting, considering that I'm in Australia and have never had anything to do with Nokia UK! lol

So which system did the scammers hack to get nokia users' phone numbers?!

Quote Originally Posted by marto873 View Post
    None. Since Nokia is the global market leader the chance of such a random message to hit a Nokia phone user is significantly high. And if the recipient is not a Nokia user it does not matter, what matter is how gullible he/she is.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by marto873 View Post
    I received a similar message:

Congrat!Your cell phone number has won you £165,000 Pounds in the ongoing NOKIA PROMO UK.For claim Send Email to:Nokiaunituk1@hotmail.co.uk or +447045732473

but sent from +447508190076

Interesting, considering that I'm in Australia and have never had anything to do with Nokia UK! lol

That is nothing, I got the same thing from Samsung sent to my Nokia e-mail account.

Ron

I recieved a similar msg to my mobile. As i'm an Australian i knew imidiatly it was a scam. And another reason because it woke me up at 6:30am. My question is How do i know my private mobile number is safe from scams? Kind regards, Karen.

How can your number be safe? Knowing that a phone number has ~10 digits all I need to do is close my eyes and hit the keyboard ten times and chances are I typed someone's phone number. Maybe not yours this time ... Good for you not to fall for it, do the same next time again, although hopefully there will not be a next one again soon.

But really, this discussion is out of place on this site. There is no promo, Nokia will never ever give you, the reader, any money out of the blue and if someone still has a reason to chat about such things after reading all this discussion ... well, there are more suitable sites on the net.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

For someone that should google and find theirself here..

Do not take this promo lightly, I get letters every week from people that lost one thousand to ten thousand dollars on these scams. DO NOT RESPOND if you do they will have your information and will contact you with another scam as they know you are somewhat greedy and somewhat gullible.

I'm closing this thread now, if you have other comments use the Nokia users discussion board from now on.

Ron