Discussion Board

Question Feasibility of initiating call autimatically and also playing the recorded audio

Hello All,
    Can any one let me know that whether is it possible to play an audio file in a call originated/initiated automatically..??

I'm some what aware that using JSR-118 (MIDP2)that includes a simple API called platformRequest() through which a MIDlet can request that the platform originate a phone call (i.e., an Auto call) which means initiating a call without dialling a number. But, my query is, by setting the time and the number to be called alongwith a recorded audio file, once when the set time comes the call will be initialed automatically and when the called party receives the call then the recorded message is played on receivers mobile.

Please, let me know that whether this is possible in J2ME using JSR-118 (MIDP2)..or any other API..?

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Feasibility of initiating call autimatically and also playing the recorded audio

About the automatic phone call dialing, you must take into consideration the confirmation prompt that is shown to user (and that he must confirm) when platformRequest() is called.

Pit

Super Contributor

Re: Feasibility of initiating call autimatically and also playing the recorded audio

As jappit mentioned this will not be automatic as the user first has to accept starting your application (you can start your MIDlet at certain time or at certain event with PushRegistry) and then making the phone call. Also playing sound to the pohone call might not be possible (depends on the MMAPI implementation on the phone)

Hartti

Quote Originally Posted by jappit View Post
    About the automatic phone call dialing, you must take into consideration the confirmation prompt that is shown to user (and that he must confirm) when platformRequest() is called.

Pit
    You mean to say that one has to confirm frist before theaction is taken, there is no provision skipping users accepion..?
    So I can conclude that na Automatic call wihout user ineference is no possible..?
    Or you want say something different..?

And what about the automatic playing of the audio file..?
    Will an audio file be played automatically when the call is recieved ..??

Hello Hartti, Jappit,

Thank you both for your prompt reply on my query, well but I'm yet not convinced/ satisfied by your reply because, I didn't get exact solution, well I'll rephrase my query more preciselly, is it possible to play an audio file (recorded voice OR music OR existing file in the phone gallery) automatically in a call without user's interference/ manual operation which is initiated automatically? I mean, when a call is intiated and this call is recieved by the called party then an audio file set by caller in his phone is played automatically immediately at recieving instant without the callers manual operation for playing the audio file..??
    THE ACTUAL FLOW: I SET A CALL TO BE MADE/ INITIATED ON 'X' time automatically => I SET A PRE-RECORDED MESSAGE/ AUDIO FILE which is to be PLAYED in this call at RECIEVING END => THE CALL IS INITIATED/ DIALED AT THE SET TIME without my Manual Operation => CALLED PARTY RECIEVES THE CALL => THE RECOREDED MESSAGE/ AUDIO FILE IS PLAYED AUTOMATICALLY IN THIS CALL TO THE CALLED PERSON.
    In short, auto playing(without human interference)of an audio file in an automatically initiated call (AutoCall)..{Note: here the reciever (Called person) has to receive the phone call manually}!!

Please, guide me with detailed/ clear explanation whether this kind of operation is feasible/ possible in J2ME!!