Discussion Board

RE: Nokia 6310i, PC Suite and Mitsumi USB Bluetooth adapter

Hi

As far as third party software goes, i have used and still use Oxygen Phone Manager and Cellular Essentials. Any search engine will take you to the developers site. These allow you to do full backups of your phone, but would really require you to go to the developers site to help you decide which one of the two actually allows you to do what you want. However, i do know that both only support cable and Ir at the moment.

i also bought a Mitsumi (WIF-0402C) bluetooth USB adaptor. Just want u to halp how to let Mitsumi to run with Widcomm Bluetooth drivers. I don't know how to do it pls help me ..... thx .....

Almost identicl problems. Using a Belkin USB - Bluetooth Adapter I make a serial connection to the phone just fine. Then running the Nokia Connection Manager I press the serial port connection button and the phone alerts me when it is connected or disconnected, however -NO- phone is listed in the Phone status box. Consequently, I can not run any of the Nokia 4.81 applicatiions as they give me errors like, "Your phone is not connectd. Please connect your phone and try again."

I am extremely disappointed! Is there something else I can do to ge this to work? Will this be fixed in the near future? I really feel like a chump! I guess a sucker is born every day!

Nokia 6310i, PC Suite and Mitsumi USB Bluetooth adapter

I just bought a Nokia 6301i phone and willing to use the PC Suite software that came with the phone I also bought a Mitsumi USB Bluetooth adapter with Widcomm Bluetooth drivers and USB software. I installed the USB drivers, software and Nokia PC Suite Software. Also I successfully paired my computer with the phone, so I know that the connection is working. Obviously PC Suite doesn?t work and after searching over the internet I found (in this forum thread, not in the phone specifications at Nokia web site) that only Digianswer compatible devices will work with PC Suite (and that I don?t know way).
    I sawed that many people have similar problems with their phones trying to connect to PC Suite over a Bluetooth connection, but I also find something interesting trying to solve my problem. I?m not an expert in mobile phones and their connection with PC software and I hope I find one to answer my questions.
    USB software I have can make connections with Bluetooth devices and expose a simple COM port. I configured the software to emulate such a connection with my phone over the COM 4. Using Nokia Connection Manager with Bluetooth I receive an error 8004320A, which look like a COM error (windows COM, not serial port COM) and it was an expected error. The interesting part is that trying to use the COM port I receive from my phone a notification that a connection was made when the software?s button for serial connections is pushed (green background) and a notification for disconnection when the button is released. Sad but true, the list with phones remains empty, and the message is 'No phone connected'.
    Finally, the questions:
    - If USB software emulates a COM port and can establish a connection with the phone, there is something to be done to use PC Suite with my phone?
    - I suppose that Digianswer compatibility is just a software issue, since Bluetooth is a standard de facto, can I find somewhere the software to interface the Nokia PC Suite with my USB software drivers or even directly with my USB adapter?
    - There is something else that can be done to make thing work besides selling the phone or the adapter and buy a new one?

Hi

A cheaper alternative to selling the phone would be to try it with a Datacable. I have used one with my 6310 and it works, but i have NOT tried it with PC Suite. The cables cost about 10-15 here in the uk. Im sure that somebody in your locale.

Best regards

What a mess ! How could Nokia do that ?
    I bought an USB-Bluethooth-Adapter with WIDCOMM-Drivers.
    The WIDCOMM-Software detects my NOKIA6310i but there is no way to establish a connection and use the NOKIA Datasuite !
    If i switch in the Connection Manager to Bluethooth a error-message occurs. As a matter of fact, bluethooth is a standard but what gets you this if the NOKIA-Software isn't able to use "any" Bluethooth adapter. Is NOKIA still joking ?

I got exactly the same problems with the LevelOne USB-Bluetooth adapter.

I tried the 4.8.2.3 version of PC Suite from www.nokiausa.com (BTW: IMHO it is a sad, sad thing that an European company offers better support and newer versions of software to users in USA than to users in Europe).

As you can guess, I also get an error when trying to connect with Bluetooth connection. And if I try the COM port, the phone signals the connection is established and then dropped (3 times in a row). Of course nothing else happens.

However, establishing a GPRS dial-up connection via Bluetooth is no problem (without using PC Suite, of course).

IMHO PC Suite software is a piece of crap. (TOTALY unusable if one cannot even establish a connection.) As well as Nokia support for it.

In two months, there wasn't even an official answer posted to clarify any of this. Does any Nokia representative even read this? I wonder what's the purpose of this forum then?

And what are we supposed to do with our Bluetooth/USB adapters now? Throw them away and buy cables (which cost nearly the same)?!?

SHAME ON YOU NOKIA!

I have same problems whit mi MSI USB Bluetooth. But MSI have a MOBILET softwere whit him i cann sinchronize only phone book in phone just on SIM card. Nokia its a piece of junk whit hor PC Suite. Whi r she buying something that dosent work corectli.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The purpose of this discussion forum is to help Bluetooth application developers create new Bluetooth applications on phones. The product support specific inquiries should be sent to Club Nokia Careline (go to www.club.nokia.com for further details on joining Club Nokia and using phone support in your own country).

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

I've the same problem (0x8004320A) *arrrrgggghhhh*... isn't this site monitored by Nokia guys? Could we have a statement here? It seems that the reputation of Nokia is being cracked here.

dear nokia expert seppo_fn

I've just registered at the club nokia as you suggested and dropped them the question concerning bluetooth connection in Nokia PC Suite's Connection Manager failing with 0x8004320A. I'm curious about their answer...

The things which astonish me most are:
    - have the guys at nokia not been aware of the fact that an incompatible solution for bluetooth makes more customers white-hot instead of buying the nokia pc-card?

- why don't you try to get an answer and post it to all guys here having the same trouble instead of letting everybody subscribe and report the same problem at club nokia? This causes many support calls, which costs nokia more money, loss of customers and only gets you some email adresses and names... (is this the intention behind?)

a customer since over 5 years getting disappointed and angry