Discussion Board

RE: WaveLinker USB bluetooth adapter?

I wouldn't waste your money

I guess you have read the other forum postings on USB adapters. They don't work with the Nokia software.

All i can gather is that the only compatible Bluetooth adapter is the Socket CF card and PCMCIA adapter. Which is yours for approxiamtely 135.

Recently, I purchased Socket CF card and it does not work
    either (on XP - serial port profile). I had given up from finding
    100% 7650 compatible bt device.

All the bt devices and stacks work as long as you stick with
    obex (push and irmc sync) support.

/kmk

WaveLinker USB bluetooth adapter?

OK, quite new to this but I'm looking for info on the "DABSValue WaveLinker" USB adapter. No-one seems to mention this adapter on the board and I was wondering if anyone has had experience with it at all.

I think that the adapter itself is actually an "InnoVision EIO USB dongle" (DABS just calls it DABSValue because they are cheap).
    More info can be found here:
    http://www.ivmm.com/eio/products_wavelinker_usb_dongle.html

If anyone has tried this adapter or knows anyone who has, I'd love to hear from you because I am about to purchase one.

Thanks for your time.

Jonboy

Come on, someone must have tried this adapter before?

I'm going to be using it with a 7650 on a Win98 SE system (as I've read that so many people here are having trouble with Windows XP)

Jonboy

I've tried this adapter with a Nokia 3650, it connects to the phone OK. I was able to establish a "trusted" connection and the bundled Blue Manager software was able to identify the following services on the phone: Fax, Generic Audio, Generic Telephony, OBEX File Transfer, OBEX Object Push, Serial Port and Unknown.

I'm able to transfer files to and from the phone (using Blue Manager), including installing apps on the phone, but the Nokia PC Suite software doesn't seem to work.

I've set the mRouter to search on COM4 and COM6 (the ports that Device Manager identifies as Bluetooth COM Port - Serial and Bluetooth COM Port - LAN), but Nokia Connection Manager is not able to find the phone. The Bluetooth option doesn't seem to do anything and the Serial Connection gives the following error:

Unknown error (0x80043000, NokiaCL.ServiceLayer)

Mixed results really.

I've now got PC Suite working. I'm not sure how, but it may be something to do with other applications accessing the COM ports. I deleted the items in the "Modems" tab of the "Phone and Modem Options" (in Control Panel) that referenced COM 4 and COM 6 (I couldn't use them anyway). Then I used mRouter and deselected COM 6 and COM 4 (= no ports selected) and then re-selected COM 4. Hey presto! COM 4 reports status as "connected" and PC Suite started to work.

Nokia Connection Manager still gives errors and can't see my phone, but I don't think this is a "real" problem.

just one problem with that my mrouter only has one type of connection in there which is infrared it doesnt seem to have any other ports in there and the connection manager is useless as when i select the COM4 which si supposed to be the serial com i shoudl be using the

Unknown error (0x80043000, NokiaCL.ServiceLayer).....poping up its gettin a bit annoying so if ne one knwo any thing about it please let me know my email is ...smcnasty@hotmail.com
    and if any of the nokia engineers are reading this please sort it out