Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Connectivity Adapter Cable CA 42

Hi everyone

I have installed PCsuite which is Compatible for nokia 5070
    and i have installed connectivity cable drive for CA 42 but still my system is not recognizing and am unable to install the
    application into 5070 Hand set,and it has all the API which is required for our application. so Please help me how shall is solve it.

Regards
    Deepu G

Super Contributor

Re: Connectivity Adapter Cable CA 42

on older Series 40 phones you need to install the applications from a Web server (OTA). As 5070 is quite old phone it likely belongs to this category of phones, so installing the apps over the cable is not possible

Hartti

According to this, Nokia 5070 is supported by the PC Suite and its Application Installer (NAI). Furthermore, the only Nokia with Java support which does not allow local MIDlet installation (which I am aware of) is the Nokia 6310i.

Consequently, deepu28, I suspect you do not have the correct data cable. Please make sure to get an original Nokia CA-42 which is expensive and do not go for a Nokia DKU-5 or any fake of those. Nevertheless, this question is better discussed in end-user support channels as you do not have a PC Suite connection at all, do you? Those folks should have much more knowledge about the PC Suite than I do. Anyway, as an original Nokia CA-42 USB data cable is rather expensive, i recommend to go for a (good!) IrDA-USB adapter in your case.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post
    on older Series 40 phones you need to install the applications from a Web server (OTA). As 5070 is quite old phone it likely belongs to this category of phones, so installing the apps over the cable is not possible

Hartti
    HI

Hartti thanks for your information, i want another one information from you, can you please tell me the nokia mobile model number which is of Series 40 2nd edition where the application can be transferred through data cable.

Regards
    Deepu G

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by hartti View Post

Hartti
    Hi
    Harrti am having another one doubt, actually when i connected the data cable the hardware is detected but when i try to install am getting phone is not dectected.

Regards
    Deepu G