Discussion Board

Price list of N95 8GB in EU

I am from Croatia and i am a user of Nokia mobile phones for cca 10 years. I hope my next phone is going to be Nokia but that is a very difficult task in my country today. And here is why:

Price of N95 8GB in EU (and in poor USA):

Finland 649 €
    Germany 639 €
    UK 532 €
    France 659 €
    Italy 699 €
    USA 485 €

Price of N95 8GB in Croatia:

Vemil 882 €
    Mobis 882 €

You are probably thinking that Croatia is small market for phones and cant compare to this oder countrys...but then can someone explain me this:
    For the price of N95 8GB in Croatia i can buy two (2) Sony Ericsson K850i (413 €) and i would have 56 € left in my pocket?! And thats not all...for the price of 882 € for N95 i can buy a truck load of top class Samsung/LG/Motorola phones as well.
    Or maybe i change my mind and buy this HP 17" core2duo,4 gb ram,250 hdd laptop instead for 900 €
    So, can someone please tell me how oder mobile phones and computer parts have relatively normal price but NOKIA is more expensive than all of them put together!?

Super Contributor

Re: Price list of N95 8GB in EU

Nokia most likely sells from the factory at the same rough prices to every distributor (depending on purchase volumes). Any local mark-up is what local resellers/operators add for their own profit, and possibly also country-specific tolls and taxes, not Nokia.

Could you buy the phone from some other contry and have it sent to you at less cost than what local resellers charge for it?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Or you could participate on one of the many contest we have here and win you a Brand new device.

I was thinking to buy the phone from oder country but then the customs would charge me a tax of 22%, and if something happened to the phone claiming a warranty would be a pain.
    But i think i found a solution, my operator Tele2 is finally starting to offer a more expensive phones and i couldnt believe it when i saw N95 8GB in the offer
    They are selling it for cca 400 € with the contract of 2 years. But i hate contracts and only use the phone on prepaid, so i am going to extend the contract of someone in my family to 2 years, and pay the phone, and take it for myself
    And i think that Nokia should find a better dealer for their phones in my country, because many people have given up on Nokia phones because of their extremely pumped up price. The only way to buy a Nokia in my country, for the EU price, is to buy it on the black market.