Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

OfferKeyEventL function not called in multiple views app

Hello All

I am having a problem in my multi-view application. There are two views in my application. First view contains a simple CEikLabel and the second contains a CAknSettingItemList. The switching between the 2 views is fine. When I switch to the second view (one with CAknSettingItemList) for the first time, I am able to select different items using up down keys, and that means the OfferKeyEventL function is being called. But, when I switch back to first view and again the second view, I cannot select any item in the list. It looks as if the OfferKeyEventL function isnt called at all. What could be the problem? Any ideass?

Thanks,
    Sanjay Rajwani!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: OfferKeyEventL function not called in multiple views app

Make sure that you add/remove your Container to/from the Control Stack in DoActivateL/DoDeactivate.
    However I cannot really see how empty list and invocation/not invocation of OfferKeyEventL relate to each other. Is it some kind of a log? - make sure that you invoke HandleItemAdditionL and a DrawNow/Deferred then - though you have mentioned a settings list, which is normally not used this way (I am not sure if it has such method at all)

hello,
    have a look at the AddToStackL and RemoveFromStackL functions in your activate and deactivate routines.Also get connected proper your container class parent to the listbox observer

best regards

Regular Contributor

Hello.

However I cannot really see how empty list and invocation/not invocation of OfferKeyEventL relate to each other.
    Actually, the settingslist is not empty. There are 2 items in it. In the OfferKeyEventL function of the container class (which contains this settingslist), i call the OfferKeyEventL function of the settinglist like this:

iList->OfferKeyEventL(const TKeyEvent& aKeyEvent, TEventCode aType)

So this is how they are related.

I am not in office rite now, so will look at the code tomorrow morning and see if I have done proper push and pop of the container to the stack.

Thanks for the replies.
    Sanjay Rajwani!!

Regular Contributor

Great Stuff... The problem solved. I forgot to put it back to stack in the DoActivateL function.

Thanks a ton
    Sanjay Rajwani