Discussion Board

Super Contributor

Cant install app on Nokia 6155 and 6235

Hello,
    I am not able to run my java app on Nokia 6155 and Nokia 6235. It installs fine but when i click the icon to run it, it throws an error "Application Invalid". It works on all other devices like NOkia 6275. Nokia 6155 and 6235 supports all the JSRs required for the app( it uses PIM and WMA ).

the signature is correct, it works on other devices. I have done the other basic checks also before posting ..So i think it is something specific to these devices only.

Can someone throw light on why the app doesn't works on Nokia 6155 and 6235.
    Last edited by amitaggarwal; 2008-05-16 at 16:43.

Super Contributor

Re: Cant install app on Nokia 6155 and 6235

Perhaps you could elaborate on what "not able to install" means? What's error message do you get? How do you do the installation (PC Suite, send file to phone via OBEX, browser)? Are the phones retail/open-market devices, or operator customized/locked/restricted?

Nokia Developer Expert

Hello amitaggarwal,

the signature is correct, it works on other devices.
    In addition to petrib's questions: which signature are you using, Verisign, Thawte or Java Verified?

Regards,
    r2j7
    [URL="http://library.forum.nokia.com/java"][B] >>> Java Developer's Library <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://www.developer.nokia.com/Resources/Support/Technical_support.xhtml"] [B]>>> Technical Support for Java ME development <<<[/B][/URL]
    [URL="https://publish.ovi.com/info/"][B]>>> Nokia Publish: reach millions of Nokia users worldwide through Nokia Store <<<[/B][/URL]

Super Contributor

And does the unsigned version get installed?

Hartti

Super Contributor

Resply to petrib:

I have tried on Nokia 6235 and Nokia 6155. Both the devices are used on CDMA netowrk in india. I dont know if the operator has its own own security restrictions .Anyways CDMA devices in india are not there in open market, They are usually bought from operator only.
    I use PC suite to install the app. The App installs. Click the app and error throw is "Application Invalid".

Reply to R2j7: I am using the signature given by operator( i assume it is master cert). Also i am able to install the app on lot of Nokia CDMA devices(of this particular operator after i started using this cert).

Reply to Hartti: I don't have verisign cert.I am using the cert issued by operator.

Although the specs claim that both the devices support required JSR( including PIM), is there any chance of it not supporting it or some partial implementation is there ?
    Last edited by amitaggarwal; 2008-05-16 at 06:55.

Super Contributor

Hmmm... your reply does not really answer my question: Can you install the unsigned application on the device?
    If that succeeds (and as to my knowledge the Indian CDMA operators do not have any changes to the "standard" security policy) we know it is something related to the signing and not the API support.

Other question is that are you requesting all necessary permissions in the JAD?

And the thrid question is that have you tested with only one 6235 and 6155 or does the installation fail on multiple devices (of those models). To rule out that someone has removed the operator cert (accidentally) from those phones...

Hartti

Super Contributor

Hartti,

I cannot install the unsigned app on the device.

Yes i am requesting all necessary permissions in jad.
    I have tested it with Nokia 6275 and 2865. It works fine on them(both 3rd edition)

It doesnt works on Nokia 6235 and Nokia 6155(both 2nd edition).

I read "Series_40_Platform_White_Paper_V3_1_en[1].pdf" , page 16, PDA optional packages for J2ME platform(JSR 75), Series 40 2nd edition is not marked there.So i am wondering if 2nd edition supports PIM. App uses JSR 75 and error comes when i try to run the app.

Super Contributor

Ok...

PIM and FC APIs (JSR-75) is on some Series 40 2nd Edition devices and not on some. I guess that is the reason why it is not mentioned in the document you refer to.

6155 and 6235 are quite old devices and unfortunately I do not have access to those devices at this point (and currently I do not have access to the internal product specs either).

To make sure we do not have any mistake in the device specs, would it be possible to create a simple app checking any of the file connection system properties are implemented on thos devices (if not, then it is pretty likely that we do have a mistake in the device specs). In fact you could use this app http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._2_en.zip.html

Could you also report your findings in here, please.

Sorry for the inconvenience
    Hartti