Discussion Board

localizations my language in nokia

hello, i hope this is the right place for my question ( otherwise my appology) .
    im from chine, but me and my ppl don't speak chinse, and use like-arabic characters/script to write ( that is , like farsi, arabic but with very little differences), our nokia users base is growing quickly(mainly S60), but unfortunately our langauge is not supported by nokia, so i want to ask how to support/enable my language and it's script in nokia fonts( like Psiloc do maybe?).. please point me where /how to start with .

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: localizations my language in nokia

Welcome to the Forum Nokia Develore discussion board, first I need to ask a question from you:

Do you want to Develop a application for this, or buy one ?

Basically as this is developer forum, I would assume you want to develop one. then I would suggest you on searching informationon FEP (Front end processor). There is ready made example available and loads of discussions on FEP development problems, so a bit of searching will get you quite far.

In case you are just looking information on application that could do the functionality, then maybe more end-user problems related Dibo better suited for your query. Here's link for one: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/

symbianyucca :
    thank you for FEP tip, now it is part of what i want ,,, there is also making menus and info messages in my language...

ps : last year i'v been told that these language packs for nokia phones are only made availabe by nokia, others cannot make it, is it true?

Nokia Developer Moderator

You can add new input languages/methods, but you can not change the language pack, i.e. all menu's etc, will show in original languages.