Discussion Board

MMS creation with Adobe GoLive 6.0

Hi,

after download of Adobe GoLive 6.0 (try out version) and Nokia MMS plugin, I've tried to generate some MMS content, without success.

I've read the "Development environment for MMS", but there are some lack of details about handling the tool.

Can I open gif's etc and set them up as a slide show (SMIL document) in Adobe GoLive? How ?

Will this Nokia MMS plug in work properly togehter with the TRY OUT version of Adobe GoLive 6.0 ?

Thank you!

Tore

Super Contributor

RE: MMS creation with Adobe GoLive 6.0

Hi,

Does the GoLive have "NokiaTools" on the menus? Adobe GoLive should be installed before you install Nokia tools because the installation program determines the path to the GoLive.

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

I have the same problem with "Nokia Menu" and EPOC Emulator ;
    I create a smil doc ; put a pitcure in it ; do a MMS Encapsulation ; start the emulator and then ; can't see my MMS doc previously created ; just the standard MMS demo.
    If anyone can explain us what's wrong ...
    For Information : i use AdobeGolive6 TryOut version too.
    Regards.

Super Contributor

Hi,

Could you give me more detailed info about the problem:
    1. What is your OS you running?
    2. What are exactly the files you have downloaded and installed from Forum Nokia (file names, versions...)?
    3. In what order you installed the tools?
    4. Can you find "mmsin" and "mmsout" folders from ...\Symbian\6.1\Series60\Epoc32\Wins\c -directory?

Best regards,
    V / Forum Nokia

Hi,

If I understood correctly you cannot add any binary content to your MMS message with GoLive? That is more or less quite standard GoLive usage; here are steps for creating new MMS message with GoLive 6.0 and NMS 0.2 beta (Notice, that you are dealing with beta-level tool here)

1) Open up new template; File -> New Special -> SMIL Document
    2) Define your MMS message dimensions by clicking from .smil document's upperl left corner the "Page" button and then set the correct dimensions using Inspector/Basic width and height (regarding the MMS Conformance, 160x120 is the recommended size in pixels)
    3) Click from Objects palette SMIL button to view SMIL objects
    4) Insert by drag-drop all desired componets to .smil document
    5) Add e.g. image file by selecting it from Image object's Inspector/Basic -> Source (by default, there is text (EmptyReference!)
    6) Save your .smil document
    7) From Nokia Tools menu, select first "MMS Encapsulation..." and fill in information needed (From, To etc.)
    8) From Nokia Tools menu, select "Wrap MMS to HTTP..." and fill in information needed
    9) From Nokia Tools menu, select "Deploy" and choose either target folder or MMSC server. By selecting folder, you can use EPOC Emulator to display your MMS message

Hope these short instructions will give you info needed, just send a message to board and I will get back to you. Please also note, that the plug-in is a *beta* version.

Best Regards,

Samuli/Forum Nokia

Test MMS with Multiple Slides on EMULATOR

Dear Nokia expert,

Without ahving any hassle in creating a SMIL file, I would like to use Adove Golive 6 to create MMS message.

How Can I use Adobe Golive 6 to create a MMS with multiples slide ?

How can I drop GIF file, and AMR and text on an MMS ?

What steps I should do to test it ?

Thanks, Hong Le.