Discussion Board

Another Unimpressed 6310i owner

I bought a 6310i a couple of weeks ago, i have always had nokia phones (4110, 3210, 8210). The main reason for picking the 6310i was the bluetooth. Although i didn't initally want to access the web via the phone the nokia software offers other useful tools. And in the future email access.

So i bought a Sitecom USB bluetooth adapter (39.99) with no inclination that it was not compatible with the software. Intial trouble with the sitecom software was soon sorted and i could setup an internet connection, but only that. As i have now found out no matter how much i was trying to get the nokia software to work i would have been wasting my time.

So i called Orange and they don't support bluetooth, sell it but no support, they suggested that i try IR or cable, but my Sony Vaio GR214MP does not have an IR port or Serial port! so the cable is out as well.

I have found the Socket CF card and PCMCIA adapter on expansys.com for 135.00 which is to much for my pocket.

The problem is totally with the nokia software and i feel that it would be a very generous gesture from nokia to make available a version that allows to use of any bluetooth device be it USB, Built in, PCI and PCMCIA.

As they say the ball is in Nokia's Court!

Nokia Developer Moderator

RE: Another Unimpressed 6310i owner

Please note that this is a Discussion Board for application developers. For product support related issues please contact Club Nokia Careline: www.club.nokia.com.

Seppo
    Forum Nokia

I must say that I am in agreement with regard to the lack of information from Nokia regarding this. I have had my 6310i for more than a few weeks as a n upgrade from orange who wanted me to have a Siemans bluetooth headset because they "weren't stocking Nokia's". Even now, I am unable to find the HDW-2 available anywhere and no date either. Come on Nokia - where is your customer service?

Yup. Should have checked the net before getting my new 6310i. Bluetooth was the main reason for getting it, now i have just a phone. Which i could have gotten ten years ago...
    This reeks of microsoft policies!! FIX THIS!!!!!