Discussion Board

Can we access SIM contacts on most Nokia Series 60 phones using Symbian C++

I have an application in Java ME which reads and writes the SIM and PIM contacts, But this fails to do in Series 60 Nokia phones ie Read and Write of SIM contacts, So If I develop the same application on Symbian platform using C++ , will I be able to Read and Edit the SIM contacts.
    What are the SIM apis, Which all version have these APIs. Please brief me on this.

Thank you
    Sumanth

Regular Contributor

Re: Can we access SIM contacts on most Nokia Series 60 phones using Symbian C++

i share the same question with you.
    http://symbian-security.cn

Nokia Developer Moderator

SIM card is mentioned as ICC (Integrated Circuit Card) in the SDK Help, if you search for it (or for *ICC*), you will get a couple hits. Though most of them says "This item is not part of the S60 SDK"... However you can still check if some of them are released in the SDK API Plug-in packs.
    Last edited by wizard_hu_; 2008-05-24 at 20:47.

Quote Originally Posted by sumanthm View Post
    I have an application in Java ME which reads and writes the SIM and PIM contacts, But this fails to do in Series 60 Nokia phones ie Read and Write of SIM contacts, So If I develop the same application on Symbian platform using C++ , will I be able to Read and Edit the SIM contacts.
    What are the SIM apis, Which all version have these APIs. Please brief me on this.

Thank you
    Sumanth
    Hi Sumanth,
    Can you please tell me how you did it? I'm trying to do the same and every where I found its written that you need to get your application signed , only then you can access SIM contacts.Is it true????