Discussion Board

View/container from dialog resource?

I have view/container architecture of S60 application. Is it possible to have one container be loaded from resource as dialog? I would like to have one container defined as a dialog with "DLG_LINE" items. Basically, can I load from resource and attach a whole dialog page into my CMyContainer::ConstructL to the current container like a compound control?

Thanks for any help.

Re: View/container from dialog resource?

Hi,

Why do you want to convert dialog from container while dialog itself as like container.

You can directly execute dialog with ExecuteLD or with RunLD() from your container or from your view.

Regards,
    Kavit.

Thanks for answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavit Patel View Post
    Hi,

Why do you want to convert dialog from container while dialog itself as like container.
    I have several tabs in the application implemented as view/container architecture. For few containers I dynamically add controls (list, labels, etc) inside method CXXContainer::ConstructL. For another screen will be quite convenient to describe items in the resources and load, rather than add each control programmatically. And, I would like that "tabs" looking of multi-view and the menu will remain unchanged: simply the controls and layout are described in resource file, but not in my code.

ExecuteLD will simply make the dialog on top of my view, but not part of it.

As far as I understood this http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...A2453143A.html "Compound controls" could be a dialog page, but I don't find any example how can I do it.

Pavel

Nokia Developer Moderator

You should check the "Creating Custom Controls" (or something very similar) article on the FN main site (www.forum.nokia.com, Documentation/Symbian C++ on the left, UI). It shows how to create your control from resource file. After learning it, you will be able to either start defining your own description or re-use existing ones (such as DIALOG+DLG_LINE).