Discussion Board

application won't start anymore - very strange

Hello,

I ran into a new and strange problem. I've written an application that basicaly uses sockets to communicate with a PC and also renders some openGL graphics.

The app worked fine. After I upgraded a feature (in the menu of my app), I re-installed it BUT then it didn't even connect to the PC anymore. OK, maybe I made a mistake and so I uninstalled the application and went back to the previous version (which WORKED!) but this too didn't work anymore either. I tried to uninstall it, restart phone, install it again and this time it won't even start.

What the hell is going on? So app_v1 is installed and works 100%, I upgrade to app_v2 which doesn't work, downgrade to app_v1 again and starts to malfunction. I un-install the whole thing, restart the phone, install app_v1 again and this time it doesn't even start.

Now I am trying to uninstall python too, but what happened seems very strange. Any ideeas?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: application won't start anymore - very strange

Quote Originally Posted by sstoica View Post
    Hello,

I ran into a new and strange problem. I've written an application that basicaly uses sockets to communicate with a PC and also renders some openGL graphics.

The app worked fine. After I upgraded a feature (in the menu of my app), I re-installed it BUT then it didn't even connect to the PC anymore. OK, maybe I made a mistake and so I uninstalled the application and went back to the previous version (which WORKED!) but this too didn't work anymore either. I tried to uninstall it, restart phone, install it again and this time it won't even start.

What the hell is going on? So app_v1 is installed and works 100%, I upgrade to app_v2 which doesn't work, downgrade to app_v1 again and starts to malfunction. I un-install the whole thing, restart the phone, install app_v1 again and this time it doesn't even start.

Now I am trying to uninstall python too, but what happened seems very strange. Any ideeas?
    Well you seem to be doing everything all right.
    Hope you hadn't uninstalled Python when you uninstalled the app_v1 for the first time.

Best Regards,
    Croozeus
    Pankaj Nathani
    www.croozeus.com

Lol, no croozeus.

So now I un-installed the app, py 1.4.2, restarted the phone, installed py 1.4.3, installed the app (version that worked) and it doesn't start anymore. I tried un-installing and installing all my versions of the app which at LEAST all started! But none will start now.

I will try to install py 1.4.2 back and do the whole thing again.

I should mention I packaged my app with the pre-release of Ensymble 0.27 and used --heapsize=4k,5M. I sign the sis with a dev cert.

wtf is going on ?! I am loosing all hope.

Super Contributor

As a last resort, and I mean really last resort, you could do a hard reset on your phone (*#7370#) which would wipe the memory clean. If you decide to do it, remember to make a copy of all your information first. But I'd say try every possibility before you do this, because I can't even guarantee it would help...

It only worked if I did a reset on the phone (*#7370#). Very strange ...

Thanks Bogdan,
    Sabin