Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Latest SDK installation problem...

Hi,..
    I've jst managed to download the latest (version 1.0) of the series 60 SDK...
    BUT before I install this, I have a number of questions that I hope someone can answer for me...
    1: Do I have to uninstall the version of the SDK that I already have installed, (at the moment 0.9) ??
    I have seen this doc on the Symbian site:

http://www.symbian.com/developer/techlib/papers/v6sdktips/SymbianSDKTips.html

Do I have to go through ALL of this, including the 'edit the registry entries using regedit' bits in order to uninstall the SDK..??

2: If I dont have to uninstall the SDK that I currently have, will installing the 'new' SDK delete / over write all of the code that I currently have in the ..\Series60\ directory ??

3: Is there a list of updates from the previous SDK (ie: 0.9 to 1.0 updates) available anywhere..??

I hope someone can help me with these question...

cheers

jimd

PS: happy new year... :0)

RE: Latest SDK installation problem...

Not a full answer, but perhaps better than nothing: I uninstalled 0.9. This removes everything but files that you've changed or built. I then installed 1.0 in the same place, and things worked well. There is a readme in the zip file with some of the changes. One of the missing ones is that the camera server doesn't work in the emulator any more (for Win2000 anyway).