Discussion Board

Toshiba laptops and 6310i connectivity

I have run the Nokia software on 2 separate models of Toshiba laptop, namely Satellite Pro 4600 and 6100, and it refuses to recognise the existence of the phone on COM1. I must point out that I have installed the same kit on Compaq Armada M700's with no problems. Any ideas?

RE: Toshiba laptops and 6310i connectivity

I have the same problem with a Dell Latitude laptop running NT4 SP6 with a 6310i phone using a cable connection.
    Nokia PC Suite 4.82 detects the COM part (COM1) on set up and all functions work BUT Modem Setup fails to detect the same COM port and manually entering the correct port allows setup to continue but Dial up Networking then returns the message that the port is already in use or not set up for Remote Access (even though it is (Control Panel/Network/Services/Remote Access Service)
    Any ideas?

I have 6310i modem installed in my laptop running winxp. the only way I got round the problem of com in use was to uninstall nokia suite and only load the modem set-up selecting cable only. set up found the com port available. this enables me to dial up isp but have to admit none of the other fax or remote control applications work.

I had some problems with this model of laptop (4600) with other systems that connected the Com port. The solution is the update of the BIOS for superior version the 2.0. It sees if it's BIOS is inferior and lowers the new version of the Bios in the site of the Toshiba.